Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
SWEG - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

SWEG

esprit350

Ian and Dan,

good to see you are thinking of strting a group (NMEG review 2006) my advice for what it is worth is just do it, pick a date and a meeting place then go hoon, thats what NMEG did, our first meet was 4 Esprits and 6 owners, we said we would try for meets evry 6 to 8 weeks but soon changed to a monthy meet. Some of our meets needed a bit of planning some were just turn up and we will see what happens. One of our best sessions was organised by the Evil Doctor Fish who did not even turn up.. try to get him to organise a meet in your area, I know you dont have Alton Towers in your backyard but there must be some attraction nearby?

good luck and I look forward to reading your SWEG review of 2007 next year

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ian and Dan,

good to see you are thinking of strting a group (NMEG review 2006) my advice for what it is worth is just do it, pick a date and a meeting place then go hoon, thats what NMEG did, our first meet was 4 Esprits and 6 owners, we said we would try for meets evry 6 to 8 weeks but soon changed to a monthy meet. Some of our meets needed a bit of planning some were just turn up and we will see what happens. One of our best sessions was organised by the Evil Doctor Fish who did not even turn up.. try to get him to organise a meet in your area, I know you dont have Alton Towers in your backyard but there must be some attraction nearby?

good luck and I look forward to reading your SWEG review of 2007 next year

Thanks Howard, like you say I think we'll need to just pick a date and get something sorted out. It's interesting to see how NMEG has grown over the year, and there seems to be a bit of a gap at this end of the world. I turned up at the "regular monthly meeting" of Club Lotus on Thursday, a 120-mile round trip, only to be the only Lotus in the car park and drinking on my own in the corner of the bar... Time to get something organised myself then :P

I like the idea of using Fishy as a catalyst... we may not have Alton Towers on our doorstep, but we do have Diggerland :) Prepare for 'Dumper Racing' on the karting thread sometime soon!

Just wondering if anyone else will follow your lead and start SMEG - the South Midlands Esprit Group... :)

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

Guys - I've had a brief chat with Ian about this and we're going to get our fingers out, starting with a SWEG inaugural hoon in February, and we're starting to draw up a short-list of meeting places and good driving roads. Ian's family suffered a bereavement over the festive period so he's got a lot to sort out at the moment... hence why he's not been around much of late.

Dan.

Dan

thats great news Dan, good luck with your inaugaural hoon,

sorry to hear about any brerevement Ian, hope things are settling down for you.

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Can I recommed Sunday 4th March for the official 1st inaugaural hoon for SWEG. (6 weeks time) so plenty of notice. My sugestion would be to meet around 11am for a chat/drewel over cars, hoon around midday probably over the Moors, and a Country Pub for a bite and a pint?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Erm...

Can I play???

Will be in the Elise - but at least my Esprit is in Devon (give you one guess where!) :huh::D

Can I, can I????????? :D

Iain

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' and 1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 286,000 miles and counting!

Can I recommed Sunday 4th March for the official 1st inaugaural hoon for SWEG. (6 weeks time) so plenty of notice. My sugestion would be to meet around 11am for a chat/drewel over cars, hoon around midday probably over the Moors, and a Country Pub for a bite and a pint?

Sounds good to me - the weather should have improved a little by then... :D

Can I play???

Of course :huh: Would be nice to put a face to a name... :D

Dan

• Gold FFM

Good stuff. 3 so far - Dan, Iain and yours truly. Pretty sure Mike and Tony will fancy a play but haven't heard yet.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Can I play then?

Can I, can I?

My 'Beach Buggy' does have a 'My other car is a Lotus Esprit' sticker in the back window...

Can I - pleeeeeeze! :D

Oooh - just spotted:

Of course biggrin.gif Would be nice to put a face to a name... smile.gif

I'm in then!!!! :huh:

Iain

Edited by Iain

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' and 1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 286,000 miles and counting!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Reminder to any interested hooners. Sunday 4th March - less than 3 weeks to SWEG hoon. PM me if interested coming along. Ian (starting Exeter)

Edited by mayesprit

Reminder to any interested hooners. Sunday 4th March - less than 3 weeks to SWEG hoon. PM me if interested coming along. Ian (starting Exeter)

SWEG 2 standing by :P

I've got an idea of a route in mind... nice big X across Dartmoor, taking in some good roads, stopping for pub lunch slap bang in the middle. Roughly 90 minutes of driving either side of lunch (not sure if AutoRoute knows about the 40mph limit across Dartmoor when calculating that) and about 80 miles in total. Plenty of opportunities to stop and feed the ponies or get an ice cream :( or maybe just take photos of the cars :D

For those that know the area, I'm thinking:

• Ivybridge
  • Yelverton
  • Moretonhampstead (& lunch)
  • (almost) Okehampton
  • Tavistock
  • Two Bridges (& cream tea? :o )
  • Buckfastleigh or Bovey Tracey

Does that sound OK, or over-ambitious?

Dan

• Gold FFM
SWEG 2 standing by :P

I've got an idea of a route in mind... nice big X across Dartmoor, taking in some good roads, stopping for pub lunch slap bang in the middle. Roughly 90 minutes of driving either side of lunch (not sure if AutoRoute knows about the 40mph limit across Dartmoor when calculating that) and about 80 miles in total. Plenty of opportunities to stop and feed the ponies or get an ice cream :( or maybe just take photos of the cars :D

For those that know the area, I'm thinking:

• Ivybridge
  • Yelverton
  • Moretonhampstead (& lunch)
  • (almost) Okehampton
  • Tavistock
  • Two Bridges (& cream tea? :o )
  • Buckfastleigh or Bovey Tracey

Does that sound OK, or over-ambitious?

There is a 'Little Chief' (Smithleigh)about 2 miles past Ivybridge on A38 with OK car park. Good place to meet.