Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF Exige Cup/Race "Ten Tenths" Day - 17th Sept 2015 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF Exige Cup/Race "Ten Tenths" Day - 17th Sept 2015

Bibs

For all Exige Cup and V6 "Race Pack" owners, Lotus are offering the opportunity to visit the factory at Hethel to find out more about 'Race' mode on the DPM and how to extract 'Ten Tenths' from your car.

There are 12 spaces, cost is £525 per person and will include:

• Technical Talk from Ride & Handling Engineer
  • Factory Tour
  • Motorsport Tour
  • 3 sessions driving on track in an LDA Exige with Engineer for practical experience of 'Race'
  • Lunch will be provided with the compliments of Bell & Colvill

Please add your name below if you'd like to attend.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

1. The Pits with bells on.

PS magnificent job Bibs for arranging this on our behalf. A Silverstone GP trackday is nearly £500 now and you have to use your own car, tyres etc. This is entirely reasonable IMO.

:clap:

Well done on getting this sorted, a few questions before I make my mind up:

How long is each sessions 3 laps? 10 mins?

Do you get driven around first explaining the different modes, then go round yourself with the engineer for each of the modes so you can tell the difference?

Can you take your own car round?

Thanks.

If it's anything like the Academy days each session is something like 20 minutes, which is plenty. Personally I hope to see the instructors give a demonstration as well as try it out myself.

Schedule which I hope will answer some questions above.

8:15: Arrival & Sign on - Coffee

9:00: Briefing and Engineer presentation

10:00: Safety Briefing and split into groups of 4

Track sessions start (South Circuit (2 sessions of 20 mins each))

12:00 - 13:00 Lunch

13:00: Continue Track (Full Circuit (1 session - 20 mins))

End of Day: Debrief and Factory Tours

17:00-17:30 Finish

You will first have some familiarisation laps then be shown how the Race mode works in practice on circuit before swapping over and driving with the instructor to experience this yourself. 

To book your place, please post in this thread so I can monitor numbers and then email the LDA Manager, Danny Hartgrove - DHartgrove@lotuscars.com 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Thanks Bibs for the info. I will have to get up even earlier than the previous factory visit, 3:00am departure for this one, or I could stay overnight. Will have a think....

Yes good advice, went to the Bird In Hand for lunch and there is The Old Barn (I think) next to the Hethel factory.

I think I'll find somewhere to stay the night before, makes for an easy start to the day,.

There is, and the BIH has lots of accommodation too.

Didn't know there were rooms there??

It would appear all dates are conspiring against me/my calendar this year! Unfortunately the 17th is the day of my son's 7th birthday, so I'll probably be spending the day setting an X-Box up or something. Shame as I would love to do this..

Edited by D.no

The old thorn barn is very reasonable, as in less than £50, right outside the factory and a much better idea than a 3am start. I'll probably be staying the night before too.

They are lovely, just freshly built and were opened on the 1st June this year :)

Great, are they as cheap as the Old Thorn Barn?  Although having beer close by is a plus!

The old thorn barn is very reasonable, as in less than £50, right outside the factory and a much better idea than a 3am start. I'll probably be staying the night before too.

I've booked into the barn the night before.  Looking forward to it.