Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF Exige Cup/Race "Ten Tenths" Day - 17th Sept 2015 - Page 3 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF Exige Cup/Race "Ten Tenths" Day - 17th Sept 2015

Bibs

So who is planning on being at the Bird in Hand tomorrow evening?

(I'm staying at the barn but will get food at the bird)

It was my goal, but currently stuck in Munich waiting to see if the Exige can be sorted for us to get back to the UK in time.

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

Crossed fingers Tom!

Got a call from Daniel - they have issues with computers, hence the delay in getting back to me - all paid and good to go.

I did fear that they would cancel the event - since there is only so few of us going.

Can't believe the lack of take up - maybe we should have mentioned on the other lotus forums...?

To be fair - I had not been 'notified' and neither had Mark - I am not often on here and came to reply to someone I met at DN12 and was just browsing and I saw info about the day. Can't imagine why you would want to notify 400k people....weird marketing approach.

Hey ho - not complaining - we will have an awesome day - but it's a shame as it means other future events are less likely to be supported... Oh well.

Bibs don't get me wrong I REALLY appreciate you making this happen and all the effort it has probably taken - Thank You!

300k is Lotus facebook

66k is TLF facebook

12k via our monthly newsletter last week

5k-odd visitors to TLF each day 

That said, this thread has been read 1,800 times. 

I don't think it's the marketing of the event that's the issue Farook. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I was following the thread about Race mode when this day was first mentioned. I assumed it would be confirmed in that thread, but it wasn't, so thought it had died the death.

So yes, it was a maybe a bit "discreet".

No matter, I'm sure well have a great day, and I look forward to meeting everyone. it looks like our cars will get a free "water tightness" test today, as well. Tour mode will be engaged, I think

I'll be at the Bird in Hand tonight. Just look for an Exige in the car park.........

PS Hope you make it, Tom.

• Like 1

Looks like it could be a good day for the weather. Unforunately I cannot make it, I did not put my name down but was planning on arranging the trip today. Hope you car is okay Tom and if so enjoy the day. Look forward to the feedback from the track and how best to enjoy the race pack.

There are 3 days of the year that I absolutely must keep free. Unfortunately this event falls on one of them! Otherwise, I would have been there like a shot. Really keen to hear feedback, and glean some nuggets of wisdom from the informed.

On the subject of marketing, I would have thought a targeted email from the factory to Exige owners would have been a good starting point. Not everyone can (or wants to) spend time trawling through forums..  not me obviously - that's all I do!

I honestly don't think this event could have been marketed more, I'm sure Bibs put a link to the event thread in the original the race mode discussion thread as soon as it was announced.

I am genuinely annoyed I can't attend, but the new car order unfortunately has diverted my attention and funds (see my thread). Hope you guys have a blast and learn a lot.

Makes sense, all of theirs are open face Sparco's.

You're very lucky by the way. I believe Ross Restell (Lotus's Head of Ride & Handling) will be giving the tech talk and Dave Minter, who is excellent, is one of the instructors. You're gonna have a blast :)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

That's great news.

Last time I was there after I bought my Elise, (2007) it was Dave and Alistair McQueen that did this.

A lot has changed since then, I'm sure.

I'll leave my crash hat at home, which could be dangerous if they still have the shop, as there'll bee room in the boot.....