Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Exige 360 Cup - Page 4 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Exige 360 Cup

LF1

On 12/28/2015 at 08:42, The Pits said:

Really? I didn't hear a single meaningful word about the 360 Cup or what it was like to drive, just more 'awesome, epic, totally insane'. Which he says about every car.

'I'm lost for words' 'I don't know how to describe it' are becoming regulars too. Seems to be working for him though.

On 12/28/2015 at 09:06, LF1 said:

The second I saw his face appear on the video I closed it. Amazed you managed to get that far Jonny!

Seems like I am not the only one who never bothered to click on any of his video.

• 6 months later...

I had for a while the impression that Lotus was somehow a little lost in its limited edition models.....as if they wanted their customer to waite for a clear model line for the Exige V6 to come out of Hethel, which seems to be the case right now....they should follow the GT3 - GT3 RS line of Models of Porsche, probably a little bit what they have done with the 350 and 380... however I think they are still missing the point somehow......you don't have as standard, the track packages on either the 350 and / or the 380..... I'd go with a 350 something and a 380 with track packages as standard.... you get lost in the mixture... and when you find a new one at a dealer's you never have the options you want and it's a nuisance, to add them back.....I would have done differently.....I'm not sure there're many people around who like to order they car and waite..... I like to pick a new one at a dealer and go :):):) 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Gold FFM

I had a go in a 360 Cup today courtesy of very kind TLFer @M4rk. I have to say before driving it I was slightly dubious as to what the "point" was.... but a short five minute drive and I was absolutely in love. It was, by some way, the best steering small platform car I have driven. A really, really special machine. Deeply flawed, of course - not at all practical, noisy and rattly, but absolutely, totally gorgeous to drive. I am hopefully going to be doing a video review on it in future.

Driving all these Exiges recently is not good for me. At all.

• Like 2

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

JayEmm, would you swap your Evora for one?

• Gold FFM

I'd be very, very tempted. I absolutely love the brutal look of the new 380 cup, but cannot justify the price jump.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

@JayEmm I'm pleased that you enjoyed the car, nice comments!  I'd be happy for you to do a video sometime.  I agree they are not all that practical and, in cup form on the noisy side.  An event every time I drive it though and they are so at home on track.  For me they are a definite second car/toy, I would not want to live with one on a regular basis...that is where the Evora is becoming very attractive and having a short drive in yours today is increasing my interest.  I need to get saving up!

I have to say that I noticed a difference, for the better, with the new Avon ZZR tyres.  I really didn't expect to but they are very slightly wider on the front plus the increased grip in the dry has made a slight improvement to the steering and improved the feedback from all four corners.  These cars are so finely balanced that anyone could feel slight changes with tyres, geo, suspension, etc.

• 2 weeks later...