Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TFT Dash - 3-Eleven Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

TFT Dash

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

I'll be back in the same place as my car later this week & can take a look for you.

FYI - I've been warned that the GPS sensor doesn't sense much if it's located under the access panels though, so mine's stuck on on the outside.

Edited by ganzdachhaus
typing is ard

10 minutes ago, ganzdachhaus said:

I'll be back in the same place as my car later this week & can take a look for you.

FYI - I've been warned that the GPS sensor doesn't sense much if it's located under the access panels though, so mine's stuck on on the outside.

Thanks

Found the connection finally, behind the motec unit.

Sadly lotus decided to use a different connector so I have to modify the loom plug or buy the lotus adapter harness

• 2 months later...

Finally getting around to digging into what the dash data logger can provide... first fun bit is getting it up to date. Existing firmware on my dash is incompatible with the current version of Motec's SW. Firmware update will break the existing dash layout... ugh.

Anybody else already gone down this road (or have a dash updated by a dealer)? I can get a backup off the dash of the current layout, but there's two fonts needed, Zekton Free & Venus Rising. I can find both of them online (typical font download joints... free for non-commercial use... allegedly), but I wouldn't be surprised to find that there's a number of different versions of fonts with that same name. 
On the plus side, once the dash is up to date, one *could* add in some nice little features like a peak hold indicator or possibly some smoothing/inertia type effects on the second page's RPM dial indicator.

Dash firmware is shown during dash power-on, it's the numbers + letter down near the bottom. 6.10H is current. 

5 hours ago, ganzdachhaus said:

Finally getting around to digging into what the dash data logger can provide... first fun bit is getting it up to date. Existing firmware on my dash is incompatible with the current version of Motec's SW. Firmware update will break the existing dash layout... ugh.

Anybody else already gone down this road (or have a dash updated by a dealer)? I can get a backup off the dash of the current layout, but there's two fonts needed, Zekton Free & Venus Rising. I can find both of them online (typical font download joints... free for non-commercial use... allegedly), but I wouldn't be surprised to find that there's a number of different versions of fonts with that same name. 
On the plus side, once the dash is up to date, one *could* add in some nice little features like a peak hold indicator or possibly some smoothing/inertia type effects on the second page's RPM dial indicator.

Dash firmware is shown during dash power-on, it's the numbers + letter down near the bottom. 6.10H is current. 

DO NOT i repeat DO NOT update the firmware.

If you look on the Motec site you can find the required software to access the dash version 1.94 from memory.

Have done lots of things with my C127 3Eleven dash inc adding the 120mb data logger.

Happy to help if you need it.............

All the fonts ect etc are available from the usb provided with the car (thinks thats where it came from!!!!)

Sounds like you know something I don't regarding the firmware update? 

I have the data logging option as well, just haven't had time to really look at what it can provide until now. Seems to be decently pre-configured to log most everything I'd be able to put to use & then more - except brake pressure. 

image.thumb.png.0f27bd4ac7fbea21489c748017a2526a.png