Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Secret Mission - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Secret Mission

esprit350

NMEG are off on a secret mission for their next hoon.

Sunday 4th Feb meet at Gingerbread Man, A53, Market Drayton 9.30am please

The venue is

ZPGHR ICFJR QDWTB ASYHW ULAHZ ELJ

the above has been coded on an ENIGMA simulator, if you can decode this well done, clues will follow in susbsequent posts

more info to follow, watch this thread.

find out more about the enigma here http://www.bletchleypark.org.uk/content/enigmasim.rhtm#

please start list below

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

GEEES you have to press the b######y keys :P it will take forever :)

try using this one, enigmapro , at least you can copy and paste - and set it by password :)

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Is that a "yes I'll be there" then Dave? :)

I'll be there Howard :)

Do we use our real names and is there a dress-code B)

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

not sure about dress code, if you want to wear a dress thats upto you

Dan, well done on cracking the code, thanks for the PM

next clue it was coded on a 3 rotor machine, not a 4 rotor which was the U boat machine

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

more clues

rotor position is in alphabetical order

use the other defauts and you should get it...

off on hols now, see you all in 2 weeks

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Moving house on 20th Jan and noticed I might have a blow in the exhaust (hope it's not the dreaded manifold) after returning from our last jaunt. I can't take a look properly until I get into the new home so I'm going to have to let you know later about this one?

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Mat,

Thats fine mate. Hope the exhaust problem is a minor one that's easily and cheaply fixed.

No post yet from Fiona to suggest she's coming along. Pity that B)

Graham.

"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

nope, been a bit busy lately so forgot about the code breaking job.

i think this time of year is a little auckward for me, from now untill the midle of march, the overtime allways goes balisticfahr39.gif

could do with a month of no trips to get the car ready for this year , you know -tune up, carbs serviced, turbo fitted :(:P and a full service inc cambelt.

anyway , can i have another clue (this is why i build tank gearboxs ans not work in cypher :lol: )

Just had news that Nicksoldies and CarlC should be joining us on the day.

dodgy.........if you'd only have kept your 154, I'm sure you'd have cracked it by now :lol:

Graham

Just back from hols in scotland, nice to see numbers growing slowly, hope you have all broken the code, (rotor settings ABC) big clue

please bring money for entrance fee....

see you all next week

Howard

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

everytime i click HERE on the web link, i get a blank grey page :D

i would have thought you would have used LOT, ESP, MJK, LEW, or LEF. these are the ones i tried

never gavw ABC a thought :P

Edited by Dodgy

link works for me,

used ABC thought it would be the most obvious, Dan got it and had the answer back to me within a couple of hours. If I had wanted to make it hard I would have encryped in SHARK (4 rotor enigma used by the U boats)

are you coming ?

Edited by esprit350

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Yes he is...........we don't take "No" for an answer, remember. :D

Graham.

found out the problem, it seems i was over zealous when creating space on the HDD and all of the JAVA applications instead of the previous versions.

each time JAVA updates, it doesn't remove the older one, and they are reported as +100meg each in add/remove programs.

Anyway, the ENIGMA m/c is a Java application and runs fine now, for some reason the m/c is set on ACC rotors to begin with?

weather permitting

Edited by Dodgy

Guys

I'm looking distinctly dodgy for this one (sorry couldn't resist the pun!) As well as the exhaust blow, the miniscule stone chip I picked up last time in the windscreen has decided to start opening up into a 5 star crack, and to top it all I think my clutch master cylinder is going West. Checked fluids yesterday, clutch well down, pool of slimy liquid underneath it and to cap it all lots of melting paint running along undrneath!

Don't think I can get time to fix this week.

However, if anyone in Cheshire (Alex GT3?) fancies a paying passenger, I'd happily come down in my daily driver and join in. Anyone help?

Regards

Mat

:P its looking Dodgy for me, took the car for a spin, talk about heavy steering!!

i jacked the car up , front wheels off the ground , keys in, steering lock off, went to the front wheel and couldn't turn it :P only way i could turn the steering from left to right was using the steering wheel :)

there are grouching noises coming from the column, so it may be on its last moments of life :D

Mat, how bad is your old one ?

edit:- have managed to free it off a little , but still not good

NEW steering column needed

may have to be a passenger too :P

Edited by Dodgy

Guys

I'm looking distinctly dodgy for this one (sorry couldn't resist the pun!) As well as the exhaust blow, the miniscule stone chip I picked up last time in the windscreen has decided to start opening up into a 5 star crack, and to top it all I think my clutch master cylinder is going West. Checked fluids yesterday, clutch well down, pool of slimy liquid underneath it and to cap it all lots of melting paint running along undrneath!

Don't think I can get time to fix this week.

However, if anyone in Cheshire (Alex GT3?) fancies a paying passenger, I'd happily come down in my daily driver and join in. Anyone help?

hi Mat,

Iwould give you a lift, but I cant make next weekend as it clashes with when I have my two kids. I shall be driving the motorways in my volvo instead (booo!)

sorry

Alex

Mat/Dodgy

If you drive to the Gingerbread Man in your daily drives I'm sure there'll be a spare passenger seat or 2.

I expect I'll be on my Jack Jones so there's one.................highest bidder? :D

Graham.

I too will probably have a seat available, Renu is going to meet us at the "venue"

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Good stuff that's me coming as a passenger then! David, always fancied the "350" experience so would welcome joining you if that's OK?

Mines into Matty's on Sat for new windscreen, clutch master cylinder and investigate the blowing exhaust. Here's hoping it's not the manifold!

Dave, my old steering column literally fell in two when it came off. It had obviously been compressed by a front end at some stage and I left it at PNM, you wouldn't want it honest, it was that bad.

Regards

Mat

Phil they probaly know we are coming already, or will only need 4 minutes notice

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor