Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Secret Mission - Page 2 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Secret Mission

esprit350

Phil they probaly know we are coming already, or will only need 4 minutes notice

That's the figure I had in mind too.

If anyone has a working ALDL cable, I'd appreciate it if you brought it along. Mine appears to have the pins in upside down, but never having seen a good one, I'd like to confirm this before I do anything about it.

Cheers,

Phil

More speed, less haste

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If wet - bring spare pair of trousers :D

One the way home from last meet had a bit of a back end moment while coming off an island - had me worried for a bit as I passed the car that was in the inside lane at a distinct angle :D

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Hi Guys,

This will be a close call for me. Im expecting my dampers to arrive today or tomorrow for fitting on Saturday. But I've not had her out of the garage for nearly two months and I know my starters beginning to play up :( .

Fingers crossed, Ill make this one as I've always wanted to visit a secret bunker. It will be nice to catch up with you all again too. :blink:

Ill keep you posted.

be good to see you Carl if you can make it

but please dont tell anyone we are going to a secret bunker its supossed to be secret...

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

I am going out to the garage NOW to fit the new steering column, it just arrived :D

Hi Nick and Carl, long time no see

Edited by Dodgy

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

be good to see you Nick and dave hope all goes well with the steeing fix.

Should be a good turn out, I have been checking out some good roads for the hoon to the "venue"

please remember there is an admission fee at the venue

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Let's hope the roads improve. The ones in my location are like ice rinks. They need some rain to wash them clean. I think all the oil and deisel mixed up with the damp surface is the problem. Even my little van is sliding all over the place, god knows what will happen if I give Lottie anything but the lightest brush on the loud pedal.

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."

- Mario Andretti

gave up on the column about 5pm :(

its in the car now :D but i didn't realise about the shear bolts needed for the ignition switch/lock :D

i don't know yet, if i can get some Allen bolts from work tomorrow to fit :D we will see......

i take it the sheer bolts is a security issue and not safety :)

the inner shaft on the old one was bent, and the 'breakout' washers on the shaft were missing :lol:

Edited by Dodgy

Dodgy,

Yes, I think the shear bolts are just for security, not that it does much good. 2 sec's and a slide hammer soon makes them redundant. You might get some from a Vauxhall dealer, I think that is where the column came from. If it's fitted with a button you press to remove the key, I seem to remember that was fitted to 70s model Vivas, Ventoras etc. Good luck.

- Mario Andretti

Sorry Guys,

The news isnt good from my camp. The cars not going to be ready in time for tomorrows run. :o

Im pretty gutted to be missing out on this run as it looks like a great location for a meet and I've not been out in my car for over two months...

My mission now is to get the car sorted in the next two weeks ready for the March meet.

Have a great day guys and I hope the roads are dry for you.

See you all at the March meet!

Edited by CarlC

:( sorry to here that Carl, hope its sorted soon.

as for me ........... well

i put the car back together, only to find the steering WORSE :)

why?, well it seems the bottom UJ in the steering had seized :(

this in turn had bent the steering column :o

lots of WD40 has freed the UJ up alot, but i am ordering a new one asap

[edit] OMG :(

Edited by Dodgy

sorry you cant make it Carl see youa t donny, Dave hope you manage to make it, you have our numbers if you need them

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

we have got to get some nice photos today,

ooooooh frosty , very picturesque, nice slooooow drive today me thinks :o

Edited by Dodgy

Great day, interesting place, nice to see everyone again.

Dodgy, if that was a slow drive, I ain't ever comin' on a fast one.

Hope everyone got home safe.

Now to wash it, I've never seen it so dirty.

- Mario Andretti

Here's a few photo's to be going on with before Matt overloads the internet. If you want any in higher res. let me know & I'll email you.

Thanks for the ride Nick.

A good day, nice hoon and an interesting destination. Should I have censored the pics? I'm not sure if it's still supposed to be secret.

386066Group_lo.jpg

953230Group2_lo.jpg

315253BackMarker_lo.jpg

954261Dodgy_lo.jpg

402500Howard_lo.jpg

450601Nick_lo.jpg

410622Dodgy2_lo.jpg

217398Nose_lo.jpg

In case anyone's still wondering where we were...

503922WeWuzEre_lo.jpg

Finally, it seems our presence didn't go undetected - there's a full scale Lotus alert!

308580LotusAlert_lo.jpg

Hopefully next time, we meet, my car will be in amongst yours.

Phil

More speed, less haste

Firstly a very big thanks to all my Chauffeurs today. I remember PaulC posting about the fun he had being a passenger in between Esprits and I know what he mean't, got a ride in a G Turbo, G Dry Sump and an S4. Really good! I've got a load of good photos to post in a bit, but to start off how about the world's most ironic road sign?

post-245-1170614303.jpg

Also follow the link for in car photos....

http://s130.photobucket.com/albums/p278/ma...h%20Feb%202007/

Rest to follow later in the week.

As always let me know if anyone needs rull resolution versions.

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Some good photies there Phil.

It was good to meet you and look forward to seeing you and that SE of yours at the March meet.

Interesting place. Thanks for organising Howard.

Dodgy, forgot to collect your admission fee. Lets sort it out at Donington.

Nick, was he misbehaving on the way back then?

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Great day, good piccys Mat and Phil, thanks for making the effort to come even without your Esprit's.

Wing commander backmarker is promoted to navigator 1st class after his route through Whitchurch,

the formiddible squadron will fly again...watch the event threads

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Nice to see you had a good day out everybody! Sorry i couldn't be there due to a christening and not sure about Donnington either as its mothers day. Is anyone out before then? Car going into Matty's on 27th for C service so would be nice to go out before then.

Nice to see you had a good day out everybody! Sorry i couldn't be there due to a christening and not sure about Donnington either as its mothers day. Is anyone out before then? Car going into Matty's on 27th for C service so would be nice to go out before then.

Alex --GT3-- is up for a hoon this weekend. See this thread. If I can get my calliper sorted in time, I'm up for it too.

As for mothers day, why not surprise her and bring it forward a week? Lay it on good & thick and she'll not be able to begrudge you your annual fun :)Disclaimer: no responsibility can be taken for any injuries or mental distress sustained as a result of taking this advice. :D

Phil

More speed, less haste

Mat is picking up his car from P mattys this Sat, I thought about driving down to mattys to meet him and then drive back via stourbridge/bridgenorth ish,, I cant set off until about 11am on sat

let me know what you think, Alex, Simon Phil Mat?

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor