Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
SJ Spring/shock kit help please - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

SJ Spring/shock kit help please

I recently purchased the SJ coil over shock kit. They came with zero instructions. I emailed SJ to make sure my kit was complete, they said yes but I can't see how. 

I got:

two short shocks with a bump stop and bushing on top

two short springs

two long shocks with bump stop and bushings on top 

two long springs

four spring perches  

I decided to work on the front today  so I brought home the two short shocks, short springs, and lower spring perches. I got the left side front original shock/spring removed and disassembled (wow, that spring stores a bunch of energy). Upon reassembly I found the SJ spring does not fit inside the original upper perch. See photo.

Am I missing parts?

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SJ informed me that the correct Esprit kit in an additional 350 quid. Ouch. Then they said the spring rates are approximately double the stock spring rates. No thanks.

Since I discovered SPAX shocks on the rear, I am considering getting some SPAX shocks for the front. They claim to be adjustable, but becasue they use the stock spring, and the limited amount of room available up front I know they will not lower the car to my liking. Does anyone know of a different spring option to use with the front SPAX shocks?

Thanks,

Aaron