Oxford Meet - Page 3 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Oxford Meet

Dermot

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ditto with me im afraid. got a zillion things to do, a zillion and one if my new stage 1 turbo gets here this week. cant wait...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

didnt know if was going to make this meet.....

me new John Welch turbo arrived this morning.

old one was off last night,

new one adjusted and fitted today,

test drive lasted half a tank full, wooo hoooooooo.......

washed the car in the dark just now,

ready for tomorrow!

didnt know if was going to make this meet.....

me new John Welch turbo arrived this morning.

old one was off last night,

new one adjusted and fitted today,

test drive lasted half a tank full, wooo hoooooooo.......

washed the car in the dark just now,

ready for tomorrow!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pete, you are a brave guy!

Biggest UK Esprit meet and theres you:

"I'll just quickly take my car to bits..."

Nutter! :)

Sorry, I can't make it Iam afraid. It's too far for a pub lunch. Will meet up the next time we have an event, Driver training day part 2 perhaps???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats a shame mate. :)

Should be a big step up from the pub lunch though! :)

house.jpg

TBH, i'm not even sure there's a bar!

lobby.jpg

I'd just like to say thanks to everyone for allowing me the time and space to look and ask questions today.

Big thanks to Martin for giving me a briefing on his immaculate white NA.

Hopefully, the next time we meet I'll be able to play properly i.e. I'll have my own Esprit.

Thanks once again.

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

GUTTED !!!!

Not only did I miss the annual meet but I also missed TV2005 on Saturday. Mind you I was in St Johns, Newfoundland and if anyone has ever been there they will know how awesome a nightstop it is... Especially on a Saturday

Knackered too...

Dom

:):):)

What a fabulous day.

My favourite moment was being in the lead pack on the 1st half doing 110 bananas down a B road with no central white line following the Ferrari 360 - what a beautiful noise that thing makes. The smell in the air of 10 supercars going heavy on the throttle was intoxicating.

Glad that everybody accepted Tim and Brad's TVR into the fold. Their impressions are that Esprit owners are much more pleasant than TVR owners :)

The location of the house was sublime and the food and talk were both fantastic. A big thank you to Dermot, Kato and Rob for a perfectly executed day.

Edited by jase7678

Jason

Land Rover Discovery II & waiting on next Esprit

What a fabulous day.

The location of the house was sublime and the food and talk were both fantastic. A big thank you to Dermot, Kato and Rob for a perfectly executed day.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Seconding Jasons comments - thanks to all that arranged an excellent day!

The site of a procession of Esprit prowling the countryside, interspersed by periods where the pace of travel seemed only just subsonic, along excellent country roads, was immense.

I must confess to simply not having the bottle to go quite that fast!

Great day!

Simon

ps Jason the smell of burning rubber as I nearly made aquaintance with your rear still lingers in the ol' nostrils!

What a blast! Thanks to all and to Mike for the lift :)

Good to see evryone

Alan - thanks for letting me check out your Greddy setup :)

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Guys,

Cheers for a great day out. Even though it was a bit of a trek from oop north (got home around 10pm). Nice to see everyone again and meet some new people, some from even further afield (germany etc).

Well done to those that put the time and effort into organising things like this, top job.

Reet bring on the next one!!!!

Cheers

Alan Croft

2000 V8 GT

87 Turbo Esprit HC

2000 Elise Sport 160

Hi All,

Thanks to all that were involved in the organisation.

really was a terrific day out. made some new friends and enjoyed the day immensley.

AND the food was good ! Esprit owners drive on their stomachs, apart from Fishy that is ..............

WHAT was he eating ?? looked like dandelion leaves.......... ????????????

Mike B) B)

Loadsa photos to post

"Neglect not thy opportunities"

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

HA!!!

I got Stuffed Aubergines with rice, tomatoes and spring onion wth a tomato and balsamic glaze! :)

Several people on my table suddenly declared their vegan-ness too when it arrived! :)

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

HA!!!

I got Stuffed Aubergines with rice, tomatoes and spring onion wth a tomato and balsamic glaze! :)

Several people on my table suddenly declared their vegan-ness too when it arrived! :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Looked very nice that did!

I Sooo thought you were gonna get a plate of chips - what a result B)