Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
HID kit? - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

HID kit?

Very thorough explanation-thankyou!

Any negatives with the hid?-I have seen some that are bright right in front, but not great at lighting up the road/street signs further ahead (compared with halogen). Maybe it is because an alignment issue?!?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I didn't had the time for a longer test yet but made a quick ride at night and the light goes further and is much brighter than halogen.

The Elise/Exige Halogen light is the worst I've ever seen on a modern car, so probably anything is better. 

The problem with the short range excists on the new LED bulbs you can buy, usually you don't have this problem with HID kits.

But I'll make some further testing the next days and maybe a photo.

Edited by ArthouseCompany

• 4 months later...

Just going back to this topic. Peter, how are the HIDs bearing up?

Also, I'm puzzled by one of your photos. The dipped beam bulbs are usually quoted as HB3A (or 9005XS), which is a straight plug variant of the right-angled HB3 (9005). Your photo seems to show a HB3 bulb clearly (below). Can I confirm that? Anyone else had the bulbs out yet?

On 4/21/2016 at 13:52, ArthouseCompany said:

...Remove the rubber cover and then the orginal halogen bulb from the blue power plug:

IMG_3669.JPG

1 hour ago, ArthouseCompany said:

Yes. Exige S uses HB3A.

This is a HB3 Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited I've Installed before.

Ahh, now I understand. So did the rubber cap fit with the HB3 installed?

Unfortunately you must always cut the rubber cap, for HB3 and the Xenon bulbs.

HB3 fits and works perfectly, the only difference is the angle.

For HB3 but you must cut at the side of the cap, because of it's angle. But the Nightbreaker, probably the best Halogen bulb available, wasn't the huge improvement I was hoping for. Some user say it helps to simply adjust the lights higher than recommended.

For a Xenon bulb you must cut a round hole at top of the cap. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Here's a December night shot of mit HIDs (LHD car).

They are brighter and with a better distance. Better, but not perfect: I'm not happy how the main spot goes to the middle of the street and not to the passenger side.

I now ordered one of the best tested LEDs: Fluxbeam OPT7 from the USA and will test it next.

http://icivn9gb.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Hi all, sorry to resurrect this old thread. I've got a Final Edition Exige coming soon and would love to upgrade to HIDs as soon as possible as New Zealand's backroads are very dark at night and I would feel a lot safer with HIDs not to mention they look way better than the halogens.

I've had a look at the Delonix Radar site you purchased your kit from @Trance but they seem to be not in business anymore/not accepting orders.

What kit are people buying in 2022 which suits the Exige?

Edited by lueysgarage
typo

Most of the newest headlight mods uses LED kit. You basically integrate LED bulb, but you need extended dust cover for it, since LED bulb tends to be a bit longer to the the heatsink/fan.

22 hours ago, Toqcars said:

Most of the newest headlight mods uses LED kit. You basically integrate LED bulb, but you need extended dust cover for it, since LED bulb tends to be a bit longer to the the heatsink/fan.

Ok which LED bulbs are people getting then? And where do I find an extended dust cover?