Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2007 supercar sunday - Page 2 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

2007 supercar sunday

bigsi

its just one of the things i want to do this year carl, the cars are a bonus really, but yes i love the lamborghinis. i also want to see some of the ultima radical kit cars

Edited by bigsi

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the guys brought his Radical to the Boxing day Tunnel run! :D

(There was the ridiculously fast Ultima there too!)

DSC00158.jpg

a2f611e1.jpg

335017820_82966a33f5_o.jpg

335017362_a37b9a9ab6_o.jpg

335017211_613ba53f36_o.jpg

335017471_c202ef5eaf_o.jpg

TunnelRunBoxingDay.jpg

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

(Did you spot the little link at the end there to the video?! :D )

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

Great pics !

Supercar killer is not a good idea, there's a host of the cars there that will see your 170mph and raise you another 30, some of them were approaching that on the M1 last year going up there :D

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

i belive the 2nd and last pic are the best,,,,WHY!!! i dont know LMAO

remind me young johnathon where did you get the 170mph fig from, thats a pussy figure for the jap boys/girls LOL. there is one on ph for sale for a mere 16k that does 206mph. errr supercar killer.

thats the thing nowadays our cars are erm pretty normal. i was thinking of throwing mine on autotrader and getting a tvr cerb, now thats speed, and i belive you cant buy a car under 100k that can beat it and not many over can either, all for 16k again. or a supercharged vette,,,ouch

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

Cripes, so yours does over 200mph !? :o

I'm under not dilusions about the Esprit's capabilities on the road vs straight line cars, although claiming the figures and actually doing it are 2 entirely different entities. I've beaten many a faster car on the test track here just becuase the other guy has reached his bottle before I did, and vice versa (f'kin Megane !!!! never live it down :D )

With all claims of that nature I like to see it for real...know/known too many people work their car specs out on a slide rule, get to the rollers and they're looking slightly red faced and reaching for the excuses book.

One thing makes me laugh about some of these cars is that they have 650+ horsepower (dunno if thats a claimed value, fly wheel or what), front engine and often skinny little tyres at the back...hows that supposed to put down drivable power to the ground. Most similarly powered cars need huge tyres or mid engine and biasing 4 wheel drive (Lambourghinis) to even make them drivable and to plant that usable power to the floor.

But, put that on a track against an M12-3r / M400 noble and see what gets killed (I know where my money would be) compare their cost and they come out roughly the same, I also know which one I'd like to take home ! I'd even change my arm in an Exige vs one of those.

Not saying it's a fib at all - I've had races in the V8 vs tuned Jap stuff and they go really well.

PLaying by those rules here's my idea of a supercar killer :

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/105028.htm

Under

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

depends what your after i suppose, no justines cant do 200mph lol, she wishes it could, but its easy a match for a esprit and with normal person driving im sure it would lap about the same, it gets turned up soon so her 4.9sec to 60 figure will come way down and top end will go up.

just like me on the 0-60 day, nothing was that far from me, and i had no rev counter or fully working charge impeller, so i could go faster. the skylines are the proper boys, they have it all, yaw control and the engine it tune. thats what you need

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

I've been obliterated by too many cars not to repsect almost everything else on the road as you never know what's a sleeper (or in the case of a ricer... they only need to spend a few

I think the Radical sounds great with that motorcycle engine revving like mad but I would be so embarrassed to drive one on the road. I would think that every boy racer wants to take you on.

How long before this lark gets banned after a press campaign about hooligans in fast cars going out en masse.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

so whats the news on this then? i just read the doc file about packages etc. im assumin the one we want is this one.

Super Day Out Package:

Hospitality Room

VIP Entry to the Show

Drink on arrival

Fork Buffet Lunch

Afternoon tea

er dosent Dermot get a club invite or similar

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

er dosent Dermot get a club invite or similar

Yes ;)

Panic not Si, Dermot gets a group booking form.

I've been going to this for Eight years, once you have booked they send you a booking form

the next year, these always go out VERY late. I had never used a PC or seen the internet when

i started going to this show, so i used to book myself, even though i come as part of the group

now, they still send me a form, and it's still comes out very late in the day.

Lamborghini have sponsored the last few. The event was in danger of stopping forever a few years

back, one year i saw a cobra roll and a 'dream ride for charity' customer sent to hospital in a neck

brace (rollover hoop drivers side only). One year the evnt was cancelled totally. lamborghini seem

to have saved it by sponsoring the event.

Hoping the Panteras are back this year.

:)

im really looking forward to this event, you guys know hw much of a lambo nut i am, its in me blood see, mums side of the family are italian so its in me blood.. bulls blood that is... none of this donkey blood!

thanks for the update Dermot

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

• 2 weeks later...

dermot - do you post the forms off or email them? as i might want to get justine in as a individual. they had 300zx's there last year so why not a supra this year