Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
S4s Brembo specs - Page 2 - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

S4s Brembo specs

Punky,

Do you have the rotors too? I am trying to figure out what the diameter was and the rotor thckness.

Artie

Artie, if you are talking about the stock Brembos, the info is in the manual B)

296mm x 28mm front and 300mm x 22mm rear

All this brake talk make me want to finish my brembo racing brakes...

P1180303.sized.jpg

You can see how much bigger the front rotors will be

P2080309.sized.jpg

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Artie, if you are talking about the stock Brembos, the info is in the manual B)

296mm x 28mm front and 300mm x 22mm rear

All this brake talk make me want to finish my brembo racing brakes...

P1180303.sized.jpg

You can see how much bigger the front rotors will be

P2080309.sized.jpg

SHOWOFF!!!! Yeah that's what I found out! I'm trying to piece the kit together. My biggest issue is going to be getting a mounting bracket fitted. I've sourced many of the parts and awaiting response from WC to see how much I can get his big brake rotors(13") and hats for....Then I can have a local machine shop make me a bracket! Can't wait to be able to stop!

Travis, are you going to use the brembo parking brake too on the rears? I also have a rear set of these brakes to match the kit, but am not sure how to go about fitting these.

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

SHOWOFF!!!! Yeah that's what I found out! I'm trying to piece the kit together. My biggest issue is going to be getting a mounting bracket fitted. I've sourced many of the parts and awaiting response from WC to see how much I can get his big brake rotors(13") and hats for....Then I can have a local machine shop make me a bracket! Can't wait to be able to stop!

Travis, are you going to use the brembo parking brake too on the rears? I also have a rear set of these brakes to match the kit, but am not sure how to go about fitting these.

Artie

I looked into the Brembo rear parking calipers

The strictly mechanical parking calipers from Brembo are ~$1000

A pair of Esprit V8 rear Brembo calipers (hydraulic + parking) would be about $500 and there's the problem of lubrication.

I was planning on using a pair of mechanical calipers from Wilwood (some people use tham for parking duty), but I may now go with some Ford Racing parking calipers.

Lotus had a pair of the X180-R Sport 300 rear brembo parking calipers in theparts sale, but I think those were around $1000 for two as well.

I've been designing my caliper mounting brackets and hats in Solidworks from Brembo drawings and my own measurements off my car and a friend's X180-R.

If you have rear 4 piston Brembos (or Porsche?) you'll want to mount them in a leading orientation like the Sport 300 (also in the manual), and the parking caliper in a trailing position, with the cables routed from the rear still, will need a custom bracket for those + a standoff for the parking cable. See the wilwood section of my webpage for ideas, but note that Clauidus' design is backwards... IMO He uses a trailing config for the rear, with a leading parking... bassackwards IMO. But they work.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Punky,

Do you have the rotors too? I am trying to figure out what the diameter was and the rotor thckness.

Artie

Only the ones on the car which are "I believe" stock S4s disks, as all my running gear was transplanted from an S4s before I had it.

When looking at websites with breakkits ( like AP or Brembo ) all they do is give you a dropdown with makes and type of car. So mo measures..

Anyone have an idea what would be a car that has the same fitting specs ?

Edited by esprits4de

Olaf S400 project www.esprits4.de

shapeimage_1.jpg

When looking at websites with breakkits ( like AP or Brembo ) all they do is give you a dropdown with makes and type of car. So mo measures..

Anyone have an idea what would be a car that has the same fitting specs ?

I found the sizes, now it's just a matter of making everything fit! Travis, okay, I may stick with the stock calipers and maybe have some custom larger rotors made for the rear. I wasn't planning on reinventing the wheel! Although I know you like doing that! J/k, those brakes you have are sick! I want to stop, not shoot the body off the chassis! Anyway, I hope to hear back from John Welch on cost for the hats and rotors. If they are reasonable I'll get them on the way, then I can mount the rotors, then start reverse engineering the caliper bracket dimensions I'll need to mount the calipers! Thanks for all the comments/help.

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

93 RX7.....Silverstone

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

That rear parking brake caliper is off the new Lotus cars as well, from the 1996 Elise.

Keep an eye out for ones being broken as spares.

I got mine via Dave Walters (LEF member) who sourced them for me via a breakers....$100 for the pair !

Pads were next to nothing as well.

With the mounting bracket they are heavy, which is a bummer - for road I'd probably use a smaller light weight mechanical only caliper. I sourced one over here for $50 each, after looking at it carefully I wanted an emergency brake facility incase something happens on track plus the brackets are widely available in 2 sizes.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

That rear parking brake caliper is off the new Lotus cars as well, from the 1996 Elise.

Keep an eye out for ones being broken as spares.

I got mine via Dave Walters (LEF member) who sourced them for me via a breakers....$100 for the pair !

Pads were next to nothing as well.

With the mounting bracket they are heavy, which is a bummer - for road I'd probably use a smaller light weight mechanical only caliper. I sourced one over here for $50 each, after looking at it carefully I wanted an emergency brake facility incase something happens on track plus the brackets are widely available in 2 sizes.

Jonathan,

Good find! I'll keep my eyes peeled. I'm most concerned with fitting the fronts right now, once I get these working I'll look into adding the rear brembos and parking brake.

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

93 RX7.....Silverstone

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm