Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Brake rotors - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Brake rotors

I have a 2002 Elise, every reference says it should have 288m diameter brake rotors, however thy're not.

They are 296, this car was delivered new into Singapore, and factory say with standard brakes,

There are no spacers between the upright and the caliper, so the upright is accommodating the increased diameter.

The discs themselves seen identical to the S2 "Upgrade" but a one piece as apposed to a 2 piece.

Can anyone throw any light on this?

DSC_3101.jpg

DSC_3102.jpg

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

DSC_3408.jpg

The guy who bought my Esprit reckoned it had the best brakes if any Lotus he had ever driven. It took me about 4 rebuilds before I got them that good, but they did work well.

This Elise however has the best brakes of any car I have ever driven. The rotors where made by Disc Brakes Australia to specification, groved but not drilled, and the pads EBC Greenstuff.

If I were being super critical I'd rate them about 5% harder than ideal, but the temperature window is spot on, they've been on for a few months, and been through a few heat cycles, and as you can see the pads are still clearly green, so not got too hot, no fade, if I'm really clumsy I can just lock a wheel, but under the heaviest of braking the car just decelerates at an amazing rate. I highly recommend the setup for "Spirited" road driving.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)