Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elite bonnet frame - Wanted - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Elite bonnet frame

directordanw

Evening all. Just stripping down the bonnet of the Elite for painting and when I was popping the metal frame out it fell apart in my hands. Years of living in a field had taken their toll. So I realise it's unlikely that anyone just has the frame lying around but if they do please let me know. Failing that a bonnet, any colour, any condition but with a solid frame would be great. 

It's at this point that I regret the spare bonnet I used to have going for 99p on eBay...

Regular restorer. Rather less reliable forum poster!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm popping my frame out at the weekend since Im also preparing for a respray. Mine is not in great shape but I believe it is solid... So a couple of options here.

I was going to see if I can find and engineering firm to knock up another using the original as a pattern then get it powder coated in chrome effect.

Option 1; I can let you know the cost and get two made up

Option 2; you can have mine once this is done since it is too badly pitted to go back on even if I did get it blasted and coated it would not look great given its prominent position when the hood is up!

That would be amazing on both counts - although I would prefer a new frame in black not chrome. Please do PM with a price when you get one. Otherwise I would love to get your old one off you - I'm trying to save money where I can!

Regular restorer. Rather less reliable forum poster!

• 7 years later...