Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
How far can you take the 907? - Page 2 - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

How far can you take the 907?

23 minutes ago, CharlieCroker said:

You know I love a good chat about engines and all that but quite honestly I've just been out and around town and the rumble, splattering and shere thunder (in tunnels) of the 907 is hypnotic, why would I want to change it! I'm my own worst enemy at times, maybe the Panther should be left now untouched, saved for prosperity, into the annuals of history. Time for a new project? The sound is so disco it's unreal, a 70s timewarp, I suspect removing the center box, addind the cheerybombs and no air filter have all helped make a stupendous noise, it certainly has the entrance factor I've always wanted. Listen, when you're pulling hard on the boulevard the sound is mental, the looks are worth their weight in gold and the amount to supercar owners that hang back in fear of being overshadowed is priceless. For now and the foreseeable future I think the Panther will keep her pounding Lotus heart ;-) 

Well said Charlie and glad in a way you have decided to leave her alone :respect:, like i said to you in a previous post, the hardest thing you yourself will find is not been able to use the car while it is been converted :)  The lotus 4 pot is  a great engine, if it still puts a smile on your face its doing its job and nothing needs to change :)

A

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

5 hours ago, CharlieCroker said:

. For now and the foreseeable future I think the Panther will keep her pounding Lotus heart ;-) 

If only that pounding heart was a Lotus V8, the engine that the car was designed to accommodate, and if only there was one for sale on eBay!