Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Excel SE 1986 - Cars/Parts For Sale - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Excel SE 1986

I’m advertising my Lotus Excel for sale on the forum first as I would like it to go to an enthusiast.
Taking advice from the forum members I am looking for offers circa £5k. I will advertise it elsewhere next week for a higher price.
I feel that the car is an extremely attractive example that gets a lot of attention when out and about and I’m confident that with a little bit of knowledge/effort it could be made one of the best out there. You will no doubt make your own mind up if you come to view, some may have seen it at Brands Hatch last August.
As mentioned on my forum posts, it would benefit from a tune-up and a few other minor things. Overall, it’s a super looking practical classic car used regularly by me that is easy to maintain and will hopefully give the new owner as much enjoyment as I’ve received over the last few years.
Things done by me in say, the last 1,000 miles (18 months) include:
All Belts including Timing belt replaced
Full service 10/60 Mobil Oil, Oil filter, K&N Air Filter, Plugs etc.
New Slotted front Disc and Kevlar Pads
New front brake pipes and 4 x Black Diamond Flexible brake hoses Front and Rear.
Radiator fluids replaced and new thermostatic valve fitted,
New Bonnet Strut, Car mats.
New Varta Silver Battery
New Front Tyres Dunlop SP9000 215/50R15,
Things you may want to do:
The Air Con will need re-commissioning but everything appears working in place and I have a new AC belt to fit. Also at some point a fancy re-trim of the roof lining, sun visors and binnacle would make the cabin perfect. Happy to tell any buyer everything that I know about the car on request but remember, I’m no expert here. It comes with a box of brand new useful bits as I tend to buy things on impulse thinking that I will need them one day!
The Car will be getting a new MOT this week that will run until 31st May 2017. The last 3 x MOTs have been passed with no advisories.
It has a good deal of history together with a folder containing every bit of technical documentation needed.

View the full article

Auto-generated post from www.lotusforsale.com - Click 'view full article' to respond to the poster.

Just to add that my Excel passed its MOT yesterday with no advisories and is now valid until 31st May 2017.

I will likely place it on EBay next week with an auction end date circa Sunday 22nd May should you be interested in the meantime, let me know.

Thxs.

• 4 weeks later...

Now SOLD.

My thanks to all those who viewed, sent a message or contacted me.

For the record and to help with price guides, I accepted £4,400 from an auction sale on EBay. It was enough to give me my investment back but I would like to think leave a small margin of profit for the new owner.

The new owner is based in the USA and he will be exporting the car from Southampton to Missouri this week making it the 7th Lotus in his collection. He is clearly a mega enthusiast and an extremely pleasant knowledgable chap. I have every confidence that it is going to a great home, albeit it will probably never be on our UK roads again!

• Like 1

Good news, Damien.  It certainly looked like a nice car and the new owner has got himself a bargain.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE