Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Locating the brake light switch (Esprit S2) - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Locating the brake light switch (Esprit S2)

I've done a search and found a few snippets about the need to be a contortionist in order to get to this little beastie once it gives up....... as it seems mine has.

But can I find it?....... can I bollocks.

I've had my fat arse in all kinds of positions and I can neither see, feel nor sense using the force, where the switch is.........

Where, prey tell, is the blighter?

Answers on a post card to........ the 'it's right there fatty' competition, PO Box......

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
1 minute ago, Daniel said:

I've done a search and found a few snippets about the need to be a contortionist in order to get to this little beastie once it gives up....... as it seems mine has.

But can I find it?....... can I bollocks.

I've had my fat arse in all kinds of positions and I can neither see, feel nor sense

Was about to recommend a really good website  - Hmm - and then I read the title !!!!

Only here once

Not sure if its the same on the S2 but on my 1982 Turbo I managed to access it in relative comfort through the front bulkhead by removing the plenum cover and there is an access hole with a plastic plate screwed over it.

The switch is mounted into the top of the pedal box. I think they started with this part and built the rest of the car around it.

There doesn't appear to be an access cover behind the plenum cover, so presumably they added one on the S3 for this very reason.

I have managed to locate it by touch only (fnar)..... I'll see if I can get it off later

One has to remove the steering wheel, take the seat out, then crawl in laying on one's back...then it's just possible to get at it. Getting OUT again is problematic...!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

19 hours ago, Daniel said:

There doesn't appear to be an access cover behind the plenum cover, so presumably they added one on the S3 for this very reason.

OK. Its officially for accessing the heater valve, in the manual. Maybe on later cars only.

12 hours ago, marcbria said:

Any time you go under the dash do yourself a favor and take out the seat. Assuming your carpets have some pile left its not completely uncomfortable like that = )

4 bolts to whip the seat out so it's worth doing....... plus you can hoover under the seat while you're at it.

Easy enough job with the seat out. Appears to be a faulty switch so that's on order.

Plus I found the access panel for adjusting the handbrake, so gave that a wiggle.

Thanks kids..... problem solved as usual. Give yourselves a pat on the back and a virtual cuddle from me.........