Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
1977 520 Eclat Query - Projects & Restorations - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

1977 520 Eclat Query

Owned a 1977 Éclat 520 for many, many years, been off the road for many years, just finished working so stripped everything down. WOW what a project, didn't realise how much metal (apart from the chassis) there is. Refurbished a Spider converted chassis, bushes, brakes etc. Now the hard bit, the body. Have removed the sills and found (what remains) metal plates.

sill plate1.JPG

What are these for? the rear seat belt mounts are on the plates under the floor.

Any help appreciated

alanIshep

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These would have been the original rear seat belt mounting points.

I would imagine someone took a shortcut rather than removing the sill covers in the past?

Galvanised versions (or possibly stainless?) are available from SJs or Lbits (one of, or both can't remember)

http://www.rdent.com/manuals/index.html

Look under Elite - Body - Interior - Seatbelts for a picture and break down

Looks like you are having fun. Good luck

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

Thanks for that, think I will fabricate some SS plates and fit, just for the hell of it. As the rear seat belts use the angle plates that fits under the body under the rear seat. Need to fabricate some SS ones for this, also a plate under the dash.

Alan

alanIshep

http://www.sjsportscars.co.uk/index.php?mod=10

SEAT BELT MOUNTING PLATE (in sill, when fitted) (St/Steel) SJ075U0018 £22.50
PAIR St/St REAR LOWER SEAT BELT MOUNTINGS SJ075V0003 PAIR £40.00

Both have pictures provided if it helps

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

Hey Alan,

Welcome to the forum - great to see another yellow eclat, especially the rare 520. A flirtation with a yellow 520 20 years ago was what first got me started in all this madness...

As said above, thats the front outboard seatbelt mounting plate on an S1 (on the S2 they were mounted into the sill/body). They never get looked at by MOT testers as they can't be seen unless the black sill cover is removed, and the condition of yours is fairly typical. My seatbelt came away in my hand with a sharp tug, and when I removed the cover, I swept up the remains rather than removed it.You can buy a replacement stainless steel plate from lotus bits, but making one is easy if you have a welder. Its just a steel plate with captive nut for receiving the seatbelt bolt welded onto it and a couple of fixing bolts either side.

If you want to add the details fo your car to the register email me at elite-eclat-register@hotmail.com and I will send you a datasheet to fill in and return.

best wishes

Dunc

Dunc, Thanks again, cant seem to use the e-mail address you quoted to register the car. Have loads of photos of the car stripped but cant attach. Also loads of questions.

Ive had the car since 1982. Used it a lot then, uprated to a 2.2 (same block) and a 5 speed box. Used it until 1988. Built a bungalow and the car was left. Firstly inside, driven and oil changed. Then it was stored under a tarp. Just finished working for a living so trying to get it back on the road in my retirement (early) if I can still get in it. Bought a spyder chassis, bits off Lotusbits and elsewhere. So just the body to do:cry:

Thanks, Alan

alanIshep

Ive logged in again and all seems fine with elite-eclat-register@hotmail.com

there were also emails from other owners within the past few days. Perhaps you can give it another try?

best wishes

Duncan