Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
This is the "I am up for a hoon" thread (south division) - Page 3 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

This is the "I am up for a hoon" thread (south division)

jon.hand

Hi all

Good weather forcast for Sunday, wayne has contacted me today about slightly changing the route, to accomidate better roads and to meet him on route (wayne, have a look at the map and advise where we can meet you on route)

At the moment it seems a bit of a poor show, it's only me, Rog (SD owner), Wayne (waynef) up for the hoon, come on guys, get your cars polished up ready for sunday (don't forget I'm buying the breakfast)

Possibles (below)

Matt (caulhead68), Ben (lemoncurd), Peter (peteyq), Cliff (qqhc87), JohnV6, William (williamives) and anyone else I've missed)

I've attached a slightly modified map, I hope this is ok with you Rodger?

Don't forget, the meeting place is:

At 'sava-centre' (sainsburys). It has a Mac Donalds, petrol station, and a good size car park, etc

This is at Junction 12 of the M4 (just off the M4, heading on the A4 in to Reading)

Could do with your esprit support

GT3-jonny

Edited by GT3 jonny

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've attached a slightly modified map, I hope this is ok with you Rodger?

Don't forget, the meeting place is:

At 'sava-centre' (sainsburys). It has a Mac Donalds, petrol station, and a good size car park, etc

This is at Junction 12 of the M4 (just off the M4, heading on the A4 in to Reading)

Could do with your esprit support

GT3-jonny

Cleaning car today - i'll find Maccy D's at J12 M4!!!!

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Doh....Change of route messed up the plans was going to meet you where you joined to the A3... :D

Any ideas what time you might get to Portsmouth ?

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Cliff if you want to meet me and hoon down to reading early that would be cool - we could find some roadworks to stop traffic at!!!!!

Have no ideas about time i'm gonna follow GT3 Jonny (slowly)

Rog

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Guys if you exit off at Winchester head for Peterfield A272 I can meet you with Cliff (If thats ok cliff) at Petersfield services. (Straight over roundabout that A272 intersects with A3). The 272 is a stunning route as the bikers amongst us probably know.

Give us a time as Portsmouth is approw 20 mins from Petersfield.

Waynef

Either that guys or if it helps can meet you all at Sutton Scotney services on A34.

Let me know what time you plan to be there.

Waynef

Peterfield works for me, thanks Wayne, but don't want to mess up things just on my account. Lets us know whats decided.

Rog thanks mate but coming from home so much further south than before. :D

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Southsea seafront today at lunchtime...nice and sunny (cold though).

Here is my car down Southsea sea front today, should be even brighter tomorrow chaps. See you all there can someone confirm what time you'll be hitting Sutton Scotney and if we are going to cut through to Petersfield along the A272 then A3?

See you all tomorrow

Waynef

Managed to check the map i can do either Petersfield or Sutton Scotney Services , the later being an extra 40 miles for me which will be a real hardship :D . So dont mind either just need to know ETA's . At a rough guess it would be 9.30 am at Sutton Scotney or 10.10am if you come on to Petersfield.

Lets us know so I know where to go......don't want to miss you all ;)

Edited by gghc87

Cliff

Ok I am up for meeting you at 10:10 at Petersfield.

Are the other guys going to cut through from Winchester and meet us or are we all going to meet on the sea front?

What time are we meeting and is it confirmed exactly on the seafront where we will be meeting.

South Parade Pier (hover craft terminal) or at the other end near the 10th Hole golf course?

Waynef

Sorry guys, been out most of the day, with my daughter, seen quite a few threads today.

Would someone mind just drawing up a basic itenery for tomorrow (who/where/when), as I think its only Roger meeting me at the start venue? (sava centre, JT 12 M4)

Latest weather forcast is dry, but over cast

I will PM my mobile to those interested shortly

GT3-jonny

Hi Guys

Great meet and really nice Breakfast. At least the sun was out and it was relatively warm.

I hope the Video comes out ok Jonny it looked pretty quick to me from what I saw so far.

Unlucky Roger, shame the hose gave out when it did but at least it shouldn't be too serious. I hope you got back to Reading ok Esprit and all.

I will upload some pics shortly but I think we need to get a set Southern meet date in the diary. What do you all think?

Catch up again soon chaps

Waynef

Just wanted to say thanks guys for helping out yesterday when my 'Hyper Drive Warp Speed Pressure Release Valve' exploded. Appreciate that especially being a low loader virgin!

Hope it's nothing serious :unsure:

silicone.jpg

Great day and thanks Jonny for organising the event and the in car comms! :)

Many thanks for getting me home too Jonny - you're a diamond :P

Cliff, good to see you again - you missed all the drama and a free screen wash :blush:

Hope to do this again (apart from hose action) VERY soon guys!

Rog :)

Edited by SE Owner :-D

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Thanks for a great meeting chaps.

Excellent company and venue. Have made note of the cafe Wayne, the queues outside said it all.

Thanks to Jon for orgainising, to everyone for meeting me at Petersfield and Wayne for finding me.

Rog sorry to here about the drama by text last night glad you made it home ok and hope its nothing to serious.

my pictures

CopyofDSCF0437.jpg

CopyofDSCF0436.jpg

CopyofDSCF0435.jpg

CopyofDSCF0434.jpg

CopyofDSCF0433.jpg

CopyofDSCF0432.jpg

CopyofDSCF0431.jpg

CopyofDSCF0429.jpg

CopyofDSCF0426.jpg

CopyofDSCF0423.jpg

CopyofDSCF0422.jpg

CopyofDSCF0420.jpg

CopyofDSCF0419.jpg

CopyofDSCF0418.jpg

CopyofDSCF0417.jpg

Cliff

Well well well

Rog I checked my hose this afternoon and guess what (the lower side wall is really thin) so I suspect a fault with ALL 4 cylinder esprit turbos from SE upwards. I am going to replace mine as a matter of course.

Don't want to have the spectacular venting of steam like you did yesterday.

I'm glad the car is safe and its nothing serious though.

Everyone else out there I suggest you check your hoses where they exit out from under the inlet manifold (Cam belt side) especially if your car is over 10 years old.

A good meet...although its a shame we never got to try out the A31 to Alton.

Hope to see you on the road soon Rog

Oh and jonny lose the photo of my dirty washing in the front...cheeky git!!!

Waynef

Edited by waynef

Thanks for the advise Wayne

few more pics. over did Bibs limit. opps :)

CopyofDSCF0415.jpg

CopyofDSCF0413.jpg

CopyofDSCF0412.jpg

Edited by gghc87

Cliff

What an excellent day, cheers every one.

All the pics I took are over half a meg each & the video alot more (the pipe bursting is 17 meg alone), do you guys want to PM your email for me to send them on (Rog I think you mentioned in a previous txt that this can be done on the forum, but I'll leave it up to the experts)

I think its your turn Wayne to set the next route, as you seen to know some cracking roads.

Well done again

Looking forward to the next one

GT3-jonny

Forgot to mention Wayne's dirty washing (see pic) If you look closly you can just see his small's (only kidding)

All the best Wayne

Regards

GT3-jonny

The video must be seen!!!

The names and characters are all ficticious!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the comments guys.

Steve Williams has matters in hand and the hose is ordered - (not cheap :realmad: as i went for the OEM Lotus one from Strattons) Funnily enough Wayne Steve at SJ's said they usually last about 12 years so i did rather well all things considered.

We must do another (hoon) before i go back to school.

Rog :rolleyes:

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Cliff,

Great pictures!

By the look of it I think Wayne does actually live in his S4? He certainly keeps his dirty washing in there!

Rog

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Guys

The rubbish left in the front of my car is to keep the balance right. You see I took some advice off that teagan bloke obviously coming from him it would be rubbish so thats exactly what was in the bags.

Come on who ever opens their front compartment.

Ok you got me fair and square.

Good job you never checked behind my seats!

Waynef

Guys

The rubbish left in the front of my car is to keep the balance right. You see I took some advice off that teagan bloke obviously coming from him it would be rubbish so thats exactly what was in the bags.

Come on who ever opens their front compartment.

Ok you got me fair and square.

Good job you never checked behind my seats!

Waynef

:rolleyes:

Cliff

Hi Bibs

I tried to email them to Cliff yesterday, but I had an error message come up on my PC & I don't think they actually got to Cliff (I think the stills went through thought).

I'm seeing Roger tomorrow (to try & repair the SE), he might know what to do , or failing that I can post you a copy on a CD, for you to post for me?

Cheers

Regards

GT3-jonny (Jon)

You can use http://www.irfanview.com to make the pics smaller and email the videos to me at the address below and I'll host them for you :rolleyes:

Anyone up for a litle run this weekend? 14th 15th April?????

Also what about a run down the M4 for a weekender somewhere 'west' and we could hoon down on a friday evening or early saturday for a night or longer depending on committments?????

If you are up for it lets do it!

Bibs - can you sort Jonny's video btw?

Rog

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Sorry Rog

Cant make this weekend, visiting my sis in warrington

Hope your car repairs went well

Ps, I've posted the video of the hoon to Bib's, for him to put on the forum.

GT3-jonny

Anyone up for a litle run this weekend? 14th 15th April?????

Also what about a run down the M4 for a weekender somewhere 'west' and we could hoon down on a friday evening or early saturday for a night or longer depending on committments?????

If you are up for it lets do it!

Bibs - can you sort Jonny's video btw?

Rog