Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Collection day at last :) - Page 2 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Collection day at last :)

marky68

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
42 minutes ago, cbaileyuk said:

The soft top option must be connected to the lack of satin black on it.

Not at all, the blue roof was my choice whether I got a soft top or not.

Personally I think they over did it with the satin Black everywhere and I think it looks more like a Coupe with it all body colour on top and no dominant break between roof and rear half.

36 minutes ago, MartynB said:

Now, that line makes for some interesting reading! Rubs knees

?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marky68 said:

?

Sorry for the confusion. Lotus don't make it clear that you can spec the soft-top as an option. Is that dealer fit, along with the rear fixings, or done at Hethel?

1 hour ago, marky68 said:

Not at all, the blue roof was my choice whether I got a soft top or not.

Personally I think they over did it with the satin Black everywhere and I think it looks more like a Coupe with it all body colour on top and no dominant break between roof and rear half.

?

Ahh ok, I assumed they left it blue because of the soft option.

Obviously very subjective but I'm all for the black contrast. You can always wrap it in the future if you change your mind.

2 hours ago, marky68 said:

OPTION TRIM PACKS

Alcantara® pack               

ADDITIONAL OPTIONS

Air conditioning

Metallic paint                   

Clarion CD/MP3/WMA receiver with integrated iPod® connectivity with Bluetooth® plus full carpet and sound insulation           

The options above plus

Cruise control which was removed from the 350 Sport and off the options list

Soft top

What mode number is the Clarion unit exactly? Would you know if it'll accept a hands free mic?

1 hour ago, marky68 said:

At last someone that can validate my choice of body-colour roof on my Cup. My reasoning was exactly the same, for me the break line is too abrupt at the rear of the roof.

I also went further and ditched the Cup 'signature' silver mirrors for matte black, and did the same for the spoiler struts. All happily accommodated by Lotus.

Arun, as you can read from my previous post I had mine color coded as well. I agree that it breaks the continuity of the lines, but also it makes it look a little cheap and plasticky for a crucial part of the chassis in terms of cosmetics (no offense to anyone). I had a more difficult time deciding on the access panel as it works better on some colors than others, not for Toxic Green though. Yours looks very nice :)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Xisthos said:

What mode number is the Clarion unit exactly? Would you know if it'll accept a hands free mic?

IIRC, CZ315E and yes, they should take a standard mic

• Like 1

I've specified my 350 with everything in the body colour apart from the louvred panel. Like the other clever people above I just didn't think the black panels worked with my colour.

Although I haven't yet taken delivery, and only seen some pics, I feel I've made the right decision. At the end of the day, it's a personal choice.

• Like 1