Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Decontaminated after Le Mans Track Day - Detailing - Sponsored by ValetPro - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Decontaminated after Le Mans Track Day

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Being partial to a bit of detailing, myself, I enjoyed every minute of that. I have the same frustrations with rubber rash on the side panels of mine, so will duly order up one of the featured products. Clay cloth is a neat idea too, I haven't been sufficiently faffed to clay bar mine yet, but the cloth is a nice 'middle of the road' option. 

Oh, why am I so limited on options getting the Cup R Aero fitted, now Motorsport have shut up shop *pout*

On 27 October 2016 at 21:38, geartox said:

Do you know a good alternative to Mothers racing rubber remover ? (not easy to find in France) 

T-cut worked fine on my paint protection film on rear arches.  Have to admit I'm a little suspect of all these different products some times.   Bug and tar receiver seems to be no better than glass cleaner.  Then again I get bored after 20 mins cleaning a car ;)..... Much rather drive it B-)

Edited by DJW

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

@NW76

I got this case on the front panel. I used Swissvax opaque products (gently rub). After few weeks and few wash sessions, it was totally gone. I never took the risk to use other "decontaminant" products on matt black paint.

During trackdays some people have recommended a product named in France "essence f" (wikipedia translation :  sort of white gas) really efficient on paint (not matt paint). 

Edited by geartox
  • Like 1

Thanks! That's exactly what I am doing as well ... but only the "shampoo" and the "quick cleaner".. are you using their wax and pre wax cleaner to get rid of rubber or the same stuff I use?

9 hours ago, NW76 said:

Thanks! That's exactly what I am doing as well ... but only the "shampoo" and the "quick cleaner".. are you using their wax and pre wax cleaner to get rid of rubber or the same stuff I use?

don't remember I think yes.

Nothing would remove the tonnes of rubber down the sides of mine following my recent track day at Silverstone GP. In the end put some petrol on a cloth and it simply wiped off.

13 minutes ago, Alex L said:

Nothing would remove the tonnes of rubber down the sides of mine following my recent track day at Silverstone GP. In the end put some petrol on a cloth and it simply wiped off.

WD40 is equally effected but takes any wax away with it - i use it on really stubborn bits (especially yellow/ white cars ive had previously), full wash afterwards to get rid of any residue and then re-seal/wax