Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Komotec 460 or SSC TVS1900? - Page 5 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Komotec 460 or SSC TVS1900?

Komotec 460 or SSC TVS1900 Ugrade?  

132 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 19/05/2017 at 16:01, 550superfast said:

Happy to sell you one for 3K...  :lol:

Make sure WIFI IS TURNED OFF

Vgate iCar2 BLE 4.0 Mini OBD2 Car Diagnostic Scan Tool for iOS iPhone iPad PC/Android with Switch Auto Sleep (Black)

Thanks, I've got OBDLink MX, GoPoint BT1A, and KIWI3 :) Never heard of yours.....

On 23/01/2017 at 13:54, Randy said:

For all those interested in the SSC kit please do feel free to give me a call @ Hofmann's - 01491 848800

The reason we chose to team up with SSC and distribute their kit as opposed to going down a route similar to Komotec was principally because the standard supercharger is already on the outer edge of its efficiency window so pushing it harder is far from ideal.  Those who know us well, will know we were heavily involved in racing and installing the Honda K20 kits including supercharging and we used to run those superchargers very hard making them difficult to safely map and potentially unreliable so not something I would like to repeat in an ideal world.  The SSC 1900 charger is the correct sized charger for the job whereas the stock Lotus item was the cheapest charger to hit the required power output.  On top of this we have been extremely impressed with both the quality and the simplicity of the kit.  The mapping process is straightforwards too, we receive a programming tool which we use to download the stock map and send that to SSC for modification before loading it back into the car.  Once complete the car retains all the drivability of the standard car but is transformed in terms of outright performance.  There are options for more power including charge cooling and exhaust headers although the best 'bhp per £' ratio comes with the stock kit (the beauty is in the simplicity).  Being the biggest charger on the market its always going to have the most potential for power and there is nothing stopping you combining the kit with a built engine, after market ecu etc etc. 

Hello Randy, how far are you from London ? Since I'd drive to you from Switzerland to have it properly installed if I choose this solution. Did SSC finish the development of the manifold for general public use ? They mention on their internet site that they use it in race cars but were working on a solution for general purpose too. Would the whole system fit into a 360 Cup which has a different rear engine cover compared to the glass one from the S ? Thanks for your input. Cheers. Antoine

About 2-2.5hrs from Dover or Folkestone, depending if you get ferry or eurotunnel.

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

2 hours ago, Swiss360Cup said:

Hello Randy, how far are you from London ? Since I'd drive to you from Switzerland to have it properly installed if I choose this solution. Did SSC finish the development of the manifold for general public use ? They mention on their internet site that they use it in race cars but were working on a solution for general purpose too. Would the whole system fit into a 360 Cup which has a different rear engine cover compared to the glass one from the S ? Thanks for your input. Cheers. Antoine

Yes it will fit the 360 cup.

Headers not ready yet. I was emailing with SSC on Friday, they have found some interest results which are totally different to some of the exhaust experts..., Headers shouldn't be to long apparently. 

22 hours ago, Swiss360Cup said:

Thanks for the interest - As Dave has already said, yes, fits a 360Cup no problem.  Header are still a work on progress but it looks like they will need to be mated to a larger bore exhaust to get the benefit so likely it will ned up as a complete system.  This may well be a good thing if they can get the db level down a bit too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Randy said:

Thanks for the interest - As Dave has already said, yes, fits a 360Cup no problem.  Header are still a work on progress but it looks like they will need to be mated to a larger bore exhaust to get the benefit so likely it will ned up as a complete system.  This may well be a good thing if they can get the db level down a bit too.

Hello Randy, thanks. But already the TVS 1900 looks like a very interesting solution. Did you look into this AEM water injection system ??? Could be also a nice add on no ???? 

I am having a TVs fitted very soon on my 360 at Hofmanns. Before I do anything else I will try it to see what the difference is. I also assume it will cope with heat much better than standard as it was developed in Australia, a country not know for cold inclement weather!!!!

46 minutes ago, Seriouslylotus said:

I am having a TVs fitted very soon on my 360 at Hofmanns. Before I do anything else I will try it to see what the difference is. I also assume it will cope with heat much better than standard as it was developed in Australia, a country not know for cold inclement weather!!!!

Yes let me know, I'm pretty much interested especially if it's on the same 360 I have........

On 21/05/2017 at 15:05, CocoPops said:

About 2-2.5hrs from Dover or Folkestone, depending if you get ferry or eurotunnel.

TX.... I could drop off if I attend the festival on Sept 2....

• 2 weeks later...

VERDICTS !!! It's time for me to decide Komotec 430 with linear power and a little more noise due to manifolds etc or TVs 1900 with what looks to be a bit more torque ??? Price similar !! 460 better choice but way more expensive !!! Has ANYONE tried both the 430 and the TVs modified cars to compare ? 

460 is easily achievable with the TVS upgrade. I'm about to fit 2bular headers in the next couple of weeks. After this I'll be going for a RR mapping session, either using a custom EMU or live mapping the Lotus unit. I believe figures approaching 470-490 are within reach although I will be tuning down from this slightly.

I'll update the thread with progress.

There are pros and cons for both upgrade routes. I am more than happy with the SSC kit.

• Like 1

@550superfast what was that noise at the end of the video ???? Wind entering the cabin when ou opened window ??? Sound strange..... You can definitely keep up with the Komo-Tec, but the KT managed 2:40 early in the year with their 460....so they weren't pushing too much... did you manage to get under 2:45 or closer to the KT 2:40 mark ????

3 minutes ago, Swiss360Cup said:

@550superfast what was that noise at the end of the video ???? Wind entering the cabin when ou opened window ??? Sound strange..... You can definitely keep up with the Komo-Tec, but the KT managed 2:40 early in the year with their 460....so they weren't pushing too much... did you manage to get under 2:45 or closer to the KT 2:40 mark ????

Might have been window open, it was very hot (mid twenties I guess) and humid, not sure what noise you mean, it is generally pretty noisy in the cabin. It was a busy day, usually lots if traffic, but managed to just get in to the 46's.

Not sure how hard Win was pushing - but we both enjoyed it a great deal.

10 minutes ago, NW76 said:

Very nice Gary!!! 6 seconds faster, right?!?

Yes 6-7 secs.

• Like 1

@550superfast It's really towards the end of the video.. thought it was wind from open window.... you sure had a great time and the TVS can definitely keep up without any problem..... looks really a good alternative to me if you don't want to change too many things in your car which is my case.... you can retrofit it to standard quite easily too.... Great alternative this TVS for me.... How long have you had it on your car ???

@550superfast great job!!!

A 2:46 is a great time ... few break the 2:50 in our car category ... I wish I would be there already @Spa. I am still 4-5 sec away from that and will need more practicing in Spa ...

Looks like your upgrade really is working very well and seems to be pretty much up to par with the EX460. Did you have any chance to measure 100-200 kmh times? I have meanwhile done several GPS based measurements and my EX460 is at approx 7-7.5 sec.

• Like 1

Upgrade is good, but think it will benefit further from new headers and sports cat. SSC are working/testing these now.

Not measured any 100-200 times - I thought the @The Pits and @Jokke Vlo were doing these? Maybe I misread. How are you measuring the time? Does your AIM dash do that?

Anyone think there is some way of retaining  the lotus badge on the supercharger as I think it looks great ? Is there a heat resistant metal epoxy that would withstand the heat ? Would like to place it on the tvs1900 if possible ?