Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elise SC Battery Charger / Plug In Conditioner Recommendations - Elise / Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Elise SC Battery Charger / Plug In Conditioner Recommendations

auRouge

Afternoon,

Hoping somebody can help...

Am about to buy a CTEK - XS08 Battery Charger for my Elise... Any recommendations or advice out there? Any other brands people might recommend? 

http://www.elise-shop.com/ctek-xs08-battery-charger-elise-exige-340r-vx220-all-models-p-129.html

Ive never owned a car that I haven't driven everyday so this is new territory! Going to plug it in... It also looks a bit tight getting into the battery area, any common mistakes getting in there before I break something!? ?

Cheers?

Exige SC - got a very similar version of the C-TEK charger, different inline cable interconnect between charger and battery.

once installed it's a 1min job to lift the boot n connect up.

• Like 1

Any of the CTEK range for normal lead acid battery's will be fine only problem I encountered on my Exige  is that if your going to use the cigarette lighter to charge the battery assuming its permanently connected to the battery and not through the ignition switch is that the Lotus cigarette/power socket is rather shallow and so the CTEK adapter tends to fall out so had to fit a couple of O Rings to mine to provide a more secure fit. Otherwise have had no issues in 5 years and mines connected for days at a time.

P1020464.jpg

P1020465.jpg

P1020463.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you guys. Appreciate the photos too @philcool. Will order that gizmo from Eliseshop.

Ill check its hotwired to the battery in the morning. I thought you had to wire it directly to the battery, seemed a bit of a faff.

Great colour on the Exige btw, never seen one of those road.. like it??

I'll look at direct to the battery too, leaving boot open might be easier given the location of my wall socket. @Neil p was it difficult attaching the supply leads to the battery? 

No that's the internal battery cover with the tool pouch on the left moulded into it that slips over the battery in the boot of an Exige Pau lito has fitted a cetek female charging adaptor with charge  indication so its easy to connect via the ceteks own plug  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Plugged in? 

Battery after only 2 weeks of not being driven surprisingly low, must be original battery I guess and v cold in the garage.

Taken 2.5 days to get up to 95% charge and on pulse mode now... 

Thanks @philcool @NeilP @Pau lito For advice. I've since found out that CTEK supply Ferrari and Aston chargers albeit branded to the car manufacturer.

Bought from EliseShop and then discovered it had a European plug on it? Otherwise pretty straightforward for a car DIY amateur like me who normally breaks things instead of fixing them... (once hooked up an Alarm for a girlfriends Renault 5, all was fine... blipped it ON in front of her "beep" lights flashed.. Yeees!! She drove off and on the first bend indicated and the alarm went off while driving with the Hazard lights flashing!!!! DOH?)

Ive been sheepish about car electrics ever since?

Cheers,

A?

IMG_9637.JPG