Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Larini Exhausts - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Larini Exhausts

Hi

Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of the Larini system? I was thinking about a dual exit Sports 'de-cated' system for my 1995 S4s? Are they really noisey or ok to live with (dont want to p*** the neighbours off too much)

Cheers

Nick S4s

Simplest things first.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi nick

i just wrote a big essay on this but my bloody computer crashed!

i can give you good info on this as i have the twin exit larini exhaust.

contact me via email and you can give me a call if u like

maybe you can come and have a listen to it?

For future LEW reference do not de-cat the larini sports exhaust, it sounds like your one of hells angels!

ive done it. hence the reason for me now selling my de-cat pipe!

anyone interested?

and it doesnt come as it shows in the pic on the web site! naughty! comes in kit form!

ask them to do it no VAT as well. i did and got it for

Edited by DAVES_GT3

Super sound that fits the looks of the car

have it fitted for 1/2 year and my neighbors still greet me

rens

researche is something i do when i don't know what the hell i'm doing

this is going to sound a strange question but what does it sound like?

i wasnt overly happy with my sport twin exit. sounded a bit boy racer ish. but definately better than the standard system.

would have loved a V8 sound.

was yours the standard or sports?

also did it come in a kit form or completely built up?

dave

totally built up

It sounds sporty

I have to park my car in a big underground garage each day at work and every time people are astonished by the sound

the volume and the kind of sound

it sounds like a superbike with at least a 900 cc

but you will have to take away the cat

without the cat you'll get a almost open pipe

with a good chip and bigger injectors you'll have fireworks coming out of the pipe

i actually asked somebody else to drive my car at night

after taking away the boost i get flames of about 40 cm coming out of the pipe

awsome

gr Rens

researche is something i do when i don't know what the hell i'm doing

mine came with the exit pipes seperate. i had to join them with u bolts.

sounded like the days of thunder with a cat pipe in.

worried its not a true larini now.

do u mind me asking what you paid?

neil discounted mine. im wondering if they cut corners because of discounting.

would be interested to hear what it sounded like.

mine sounds like a normal sports exhaust. nothing special. just louder than the original one.

dave

We got this info from them:

All Larini exhaust Systems are manufactured using aircraft-grade Stainless Steel, and are supported by a Lifetime Warranty. Every Larini System is designed to fit accurately, look correct and sound authentic. Larini Systems values it

kato

lew_small.gif

http://www.lotusespritworld.com' target='_blank'>

Hi All

Well have taken the plunge and just ordered an Sports r/h exit exhaust for my S4s ,the chap i spoke to was very helpfull and should be with me by next week ! So will wait with bated breath ;)

Nick S4s

Simplest things first.

Guest EspritSE
Hi

Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of the Larini system? I was thinking about a dual exit  Sports 'de-cated' system for my 1995 S4s? Are they really noisey or ok to live with (dont want to p*** the neighbours off too much)

Cheers

Nick  S4s

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Yep I have a Larini fitted to my SE, you can hear a sound clip on my website espritse.nl goto the events page and there is a media file of a drive past during the EMA event.

Personally I think the exhaust sound is great I get thumbs up from drivers when going through tunnels etc one guy in a Porsche actually got out of his car at a set of lights to come and tell me that my exhaust sounded "F*"'ing brilliant" the sound when driving normally is pretty docile and will not annoy you or your neighbours at all but stick your foot down and boy oh boy you just can not get enough of the sound, permenant smile, especially when you hit the rev limiter ;) The only problem I have found is that when made Larini put the bracket that holds the exhaust to the car in the wrong place but an easy problem for my local garage to fix.

Have you considerd a Stebro Exhaust? They make them for the Esprits in either a single or dual pipe configuration. The units are made from stinless steel and the build quality is quite good. I've had mine for a number of years now and aside from a little yellowing at the hot spots, the can is holding up well.

Only complaint is with regards to the mounting tabs. They are basically worthless. I took the exhaust to a local muffler shop and they weldded up some nice strap type brackets.

The Stebro unit weighs next to nothing compared to the stock unit and sounds very nice. Not very loud but a vast improvement in comparrison to the OEM exhaust.

When running without the cat the sound gets really aggressive and a nice foot long flame belches out on high rpm let-off. Great way to discourage tail-gaters.

Stebro is now located in Canada. I paid around $700 U.S.

Al B.