Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Spa Francorchamps March 18 with LoT - Trackdays - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Spa Francorchamps March 18 with LoT

NW76

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Shame about the weather but at least you can answer my first question, how does DPM cope with the extra power?

I barely saw any opposite lock so it would appear to be working quite well!

3 minutes ago, The Pits said:

Shame about the weather but at least you can answer my first question, how does DPM cope with the extra power?

I barely saw any opposite lock so it would appear to be working quite well!

I ran in Race mode all the time, it seemed just fine, no issues at all. I was getting a bit of wheelspin and cutting of power up the Kemmel straight at 100mph plus. The Michelin PS4 tyres did a good job of clearing the water, but I had a bit of a wobble on the steering at 85mph ish, did not go after a rebalance whilst out there.

Hi Gary, Congratulations "have turned out well" ...

So with this water Michelin PS4 and dry Trophy this in your opinion is the "mix" right?

The only problem is that you have at hand another set of wheels with tires ... and if this is not possible you have to be on a tire that works for both (dry and wet) stroke type or PS4 and be happy ...
:driving:

Sorry I missed you guys - would have loved to be there despite the weather.

Gary: re the wobble after tire change: I had the same issue - had to get it rebalanced 3 times to get rid of it ... one shop just wasnt able to balance the wheels exactly enough for our lightweight non assisted cars ... 

Yes...a Shame that you could not be there Norbert.

Gary nice Laps and good to meet you there ;-) hopefully next Time in dry Conditions. I think you didn`t get to the Ring next Day with the BMW ;-) i saw it on my Outlap...F####

• Like 1

Winnie: I was thinking of you guys while I had to babysit the kids at home ??

Now I am checking how I can get out to Spa soon - dont want to wait for Lot in June...

Will do 2 days of NOS with BMW M in June (had a voucher that I had to use ?) ... cant wait. Will be watching your Videos to Prep ?...

Great driving in Spa btw, considering the very wet conditions  ... looks like you had decent traction ... what tires did you have on?

Cheers

Norbert

Wilfried B R A V O ... TOP !

As Norbert I too had the same feeling as if you were turning to "dry", and I immediately thought ... but what type of tire you have had?

You did not have rarely (if ever) a minimum issue nor seal nor aquaplaning.

20 hours ago, NANO said:

Wilfried B R A V O ... TOP !

As Norbert I too had the same feeling as if you were turning to "dry", and I immediately thought ... but what type of tire you have had?

You did not have rarely (if ever) a minimum issue nor seal nor aquaplaning.

badly worn Michelin Wets...but they are much better than a normal Road Tire. Cause their much softer...