Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Dry sump Gearbox - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Dry sump Gearbox

Hi Guys

i have 2 gearbox rods that goes to the gearbox, a big one and a thin one,

that thin one seems to be getting stuck on the engine next to the Clutch slave cylinder,

but does somebody has pictures how its been running to the engine bay?

i dont know how, because its runs nearby the brake disc, and its just a straight thin piece of metal,

i hope you know what i mean, maby somebody with a dry sump can take a couple of pictures for me,

many thanks allready, my dry sump is almost ready!!! YEAHHHH

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The crossgate cable rear shaft. There are two ways this is routed. On the bellhousing there is a hole for this cable to route through but on many cars including mine, its not used.

Instead there is an added bracket on one of the bolts securing the clutch slave cylinder.

I am not sure the reason they changed over to this bracket and which cars have it and which dont. It seems to be a design mistake workaround. The parts book simply says "If Fitted" for the bracket. 

Where is the rod hitting? Maybe you do need to fit the bracket and have discovered the reason they fitted it on some cars.