Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Sport 380vs718SvTTRS video - Page 2 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Sport 380vs718SvTTRS video

The Pits

Just read the test from the Video above (Sport Auto) ... 100-200 was measured at 12.6 sec ... how can that be for a 380?!?! 

I forgot what my V6 CR was capable of but the EX460 does that in around 7sec ...

• Like 1

We want more too, Lotus could do so much with some decent investment. But while everyone here and elsewhere buys so many Porsches, this will never happen. So that's why I don't enjoy reading how much better Porsche are on here. :(

Lets do our own videos of our cars and find out.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, The Pits said:

We want more too, Lotus could do so much with some decent investment. But while everyone here and elsewhere buys so many Porsches, this will never happen. So that's why I don't enjoy reading how much better Porsche are on here. :(

Lets do our own videos of our cars and find out.

Don't worry some day Proton will sell it to a group which will revive the flame for good ..... I'm a tech freak and I love manufacturing plants.... so I'm sure Lotus could do better with such a light car.... probably they're not as focused on Motorsports enough as is Porsche... they manufacture ALL their cars with that in mind and in my opinion it changes everything....you should visit Weissach once.... there the engineers are the trial drivers... they change the settings and than go tryin it on the track... amazing experience.... and they drive the visitors too.... crazy.... but I love the Lotus concept anyway ... and am more than happy to go and visit Hethel next week..... I wont shout at anybody ???

Edited by Swiss360Cup

Hello guys,

nobody nows how much the porsche presscars are preped. It would be interesting to compare a Porsche customer car with an Exige, until that don't care about these "tests" an enjoy your lotus! :):stuart::lol:

Stop the conspiracy theory...  serious aoto magazine like Sprt Auto borrow standard cars from dealers and go out testing them.... if they'd do differently they would be out of business...

• Like 1

Food for thoughts... the Boxster S is 1435 kgs with 350 HP....Audi TT RS 1590 kgs !!!! 400 HO.......... the 380 1'110 kgs with.... 380 HP....  So please you in the UK find out where the difference... or rather absence of difference comes from.... 

Edited by Swiss360Cup
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Yup. That is why the Panamera, Macan and Cayenne are so rewarding to drive at the limit on track.

Yep.... Porsche Panamera Turbo.... 7:38 around the Nordscleife... faster than an Exige ??? and Porsche Cayenne Turbo S.... 7:59... 6 sec behind the Exige........ http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/porsche/cayenne/90022/new-porsche-cayenne-turbo-s-breaks-ring-record

Not bad for a SUV....

Edited by Swiss360Cup

This is the Google translation from German. Really strange that 380 is 2,7 slower than old V6 to 200 km/h. Thats a huge amount.

Rflieger 3-Eleven (1.06.2 minutes), it also beats the chassis perfectionist 718 Boxster S scarce.But even if the light-bomber today had the 718 and the TT RS Roadster on the small course in the barriers, would have a performance weight of 3.0 kilograms per horse actually more still possible. Search for tracks where it is hooked. With a 350 hp V6 supercharger, the Exige S test car named at the time in Exe S accelerated in book 10/2013 in 14.2 seconds to tempo 200. The supposed 380 hp strong Exigen Sport 380 needed for the same discipline 16.9 seconds.Not only the measured values ??of elasticity and acceleration reveal that the Lotus test car did not really have its nominal power under the optional carbon tailgate. Also subjectively, the Exige seems to run against a wall. The more extreme aerodynamics might also swallow some acceleration, but never as much as the described difference.While the Lotus has the nose in the cross-dynamics disciplines "Slalom" and "Hockenheim" in front of the German roadster duo, Porsche and Audi leave the hand-switched Exige as expected during the acceleration clear left. With the perfectionist launch-control start of their twin-clutch transmissions, both of them bounce off the spot and subordinate their factory specifications several times in succession with the regularity of a Swiss movement.Five-cylinder: The emotion countsIn 3,7 respectively 13,8 seconds, the TT RS gets the sprint crown of today and is even faster than the last tested coup? of the current RS series (see sportcar 12/2016). But it is not just the naked numbers, which in the Zweisitzer with the four rings provide for enthusiasm. Even if its 400 hp strong 2.5-liter turbo is not quite as ambitious as the four-cylinder boxer of the 718 or the V6 compressor of the Exige and its performance also not quite so evenly unfolded, this five-cylinder is by far the distance Most passionate engine that this vehicle class has to offer. And the legendary firing sequence one-two-four-five-three with a smoky-bass-like quattro-memory-concert - the fascination of the TT RS Roadster will definitely be experienced just off the track.And which roadster should you take now? Of course, you have to decide for yourself, but my personal favorite for the perfect roadster would be clear. Recipe: Take the lightweight chassis of the Exige, implanted with the Audi five-cylinder the most emotional aggregate and mix the whole with the 718 chassis, by far the best chassis concept of today's test day. ?Text Christian Gebhardt · Photos Hans-Dieter SeufertMY 

OPINIONRespect Lotus! In a high-class duel, you have no less than the Porsche 718 Boxster S defeated with the Exige Sport 380. The Audi TT RS Roadster delivered a solid and distinctly more dynamic appearance than its predecessor, but from the three-stroke round the roadster crown quickly became the Zweokampf Porsche against Lotus. Apart from measured values, the 718 Boxster S scores with its almost unrestricted everyday suitability. With lots of love, dedication and compromise, the Lotus could also be described as fully everyday. But this is not the latest Exige expansion stage. She wants to be different from the others, and this otherness makes her very heartfelt, especially on the racetrack. However, if the exige had such a successful chassis as the 718, it would be the paraglider par excellence. Or else: What would the 718 do if he were to weigh only as little as the Exige?

Wow, I talk about a rewarding drive and you talk about lap times - I know what I would rather drive on a track or on the road, and none of those cars are on that list @Swiss360Cup.

By all means enjoy Porsche's if that is what floats your boat but leave the fanboyism for the Porsche owners forum.  You can put big engines, big turbos and loads of electronics in a Ford Transit van and it will go fast around the Nurburgring, faster than people in much more "focused" cars can go. Does not mean it will be a rewarding drive. 

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

9 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Wow, I talk about a rewarding drive and you talk about lap times - I know what I would rather drive on a track or on the road, and none of those cars are on that list @Swiss360Cup.

By all means enjoy Porsche's if that is what floats your boat but leave the fanboyism for the Porsche owners forum.  You can put big engines, big turbos and loads of electronics in a Ford Transit van and it will go fast around the Nurburgring, faster than people in much more "focused" cars can go. Does not mean it will be a rewarding drive. 

I have not invented the concept...... maybe you don't know but all the automotive industry bring their cars to the Nurburgring to test them and to demonstrate their performance....... even the Japanese manufacturers, the US, etc. etc. etc...... so it's a way to compare cars which has become common place........ you can still love to drive any car........ I love my Smart Brabus too.....

2 hours ago, The Pits said:

Enough with the Porsche worship now please it's ruining this thread. You also seem to be enjoying it a bit too much.

If you want to continue to discuss Porsche's superiority then start a new thread and see if anyone wants to join in there. You may believe Porsche are better, all of them by the look of it, but it's going too far to try and put people off buying the 380, not on this thread anyway.

My mistake and my apologies, I got a little carried away......but as a sports' car enthusiast, you've got to be passionate don't you think.....it's that I am a little disappointed and maybe I had to high expectations give the figures on paper...... the expectation gap is hard to swallow...but I promise I won't do it again.....

• Like 1

Antoine, this is getting really tiring to be honest and it's now turning into almost trolling.  Let's just leave it here shall we, the Nurbergring is NOT the be all and end all of motoring and let's not get into a conversation around manufacturers, car prep, Nurbergring and chasing records. There is so much at stake every time a new manufacturer takes a car there for a "hot lap" that I do not doubt the cars are NOT factory bog standard.  

Enjoy your Porsche.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

6 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Antoine, this is getting really tiring to be honest and it's now turning into almost trolling.  Let's just leave it here shall we, the Nurbergring is NOT the be all and end all of motoring and let's not get into a conversation around manufacturers, car prep, Nurbergring and chasing records. There is so much at stake every time a new manufacturer takes a car there for a "hot lap" that I do not doubt the cars are NOT factory bog standard.  

Enjoy your Porsche.

You're right, by the way now I have an Exige 360 Cup and a 380 Cup with my name on the order book...and I got rid of my Porsches so far...... but the purpose of a Forum is to argue no ??? and the legitimate right of a customer to ask questions...... but you're right again let's rest if ....

AND YOU SHOULD THANK ME SINCE I ALSO OWN A MINI JCW.......BRITISH CARS......

Not to argue Antoine but to debate. However this debate hasn't been very stimulating. I'm glad you enjoy owning and driving British Cars and maybe we should focus on Lotus on here. It did seem at times as though you were an advertising exec for Porsche and we have a different website for that type of discussion/debate, it is called Piston heads.  But when we get to sating how great and fast a Panamera is around the Nurbergring on a Lotus fanboy site then I am sorry you have lost me.  I believe we are quite fair and tolerant on TLF, if the shoe had been on the other foot and you posting about how great Lotus was on a Porsche Fanboy site you would have been well roasted, probably banned.  For me, the ethos and brand that is Lotus generally attracts a different type of "enthusiast" to Porsche. That's why I am here and not on PorscheFanboyWorld.com and why I drive two cars made in Hethel.

Have fun.

• Like 1

The small print.

Don't forget that people like myself, who haven't got the talent to drive either a Pork or a Lotus to the max anyway. Might not be bothered about 1 tenth of a second between makes of vehicles, plus some people buy a sports car on how they look and how nice it makes them feel driving such cars. I think the V6 Exige looks stunning and would buy a 380 if I could :)   

• Like 1

Yes and my apologies again.... Lotus has something none of the others have.... the strip off concept and the weight advantage.... main reason why I switched.... and without electronics that's probably where the limits of physics stand......

No need to apologies Antoine, everybody has their own views, opinions and ideas. They will also buy what suits them best.

I guess we can all get carried away at times ;)  

I think its a good question why the Exige 380 isnt much faster on track or straight line.

(Exige 380 -380hp/1130Kg- vs. 981 GT4 -385hp/1380kg or 718 -350hp/1420 kg)

Where`s the beef??

Interesting to read that translated report, re "hitting a wall".

I was speaking with an exhaust supplier, re refitting his back box to my 380. He told me while he was at an eminent Lotus tuner, they had observed a massive drop off in power on a four wheel rolling road when the exhaust valve opened on the Lotus back box. I can't remember the numbers he quoted, via the tuner, but 30 to 40 hp seems to stick. He has also posted this on another forum, Pistonheads, if I recollect rightly. I see no reason for him to tell "porkies" as I have found dealing with him excellent in every respect, so maybe this tuner does have a point!

Anyway, when I get my 380 and run in properly, I'll put in on a four wheel dyno and see what the output is. Then I will refit my after market box which I took off my V6S and do another run. Obviously will post the results here.

Will be interesting to see....

cheers

Mark

ps I agree, this is a Lotus forum, not a porker love in. If you like Lotus stay here, if not go elsewhere.

Excellent point.... if you don't love your customers change them !!!! recipe for a disaster....but apparently thanks to strong arguments we might eventually have a technical explanation for the questions some customers have

Edited by Swiss360Cup

16 minutes ago, Mark030358 said:

He has also posted this on another forum, Pistonheads, if I recollect rightly. I see no reason for him to tell "porkies" as I have found dealing with him excellent in every respect, so maybe this tuner does have a point!

Ditto, despite being a cantankerous, moany, outspoken, mostly out of contact typical scot he knows his exhaust gases and is handy on the welder too ?

• Like 1

Black n gold

1 hour ago, Fortis said:

Don't forget that people like myself, who haven't got the talent to drive either a Pork or a Lotus to the max anyway. Might not be bothered about 1 tenth of a second between makes of vehicles, plus some people buy a sports car on how they look and how nice it makes them feel driving such cars. I think the V6 Exige looks stunning and would buy a 380 if I could :)   

You're 500 % right about that... but I'm not at the origin of the supercar killer advertising propaganda......

21 minutes ago, Stubox said:

Ditto, despite being a cantankerous, moany, outspoken, mostly out of contact typical scot he knows his exhaust gases and is handy on the welder too ?

So now you're on a mission to find out what the problem is....