Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige Cup 260 or Exige RGB - Elise / Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige Cup 260 or Exige RGB

PaulLF1

Before I got my LF1, I had an Exige Sprint which I now wished I had kept.

Wanting to keep my LF1 but still in love with the S2 Exige model, I have been looking at the last of the Exige 260 Cups and the Exige RGB model.

Any owners on here have either of those models? Would appreciate any pics of your car to help me decide.

Not see any of the Cup 260 models for sale recently, although there is an RGB for sale here:

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/exige-s2/lotus-exige-s-rgb-260-limited-edition--1-previous-owner--low-mileage--full-lotus-history--immaculate/7189381

Anyone know anything about that car?

Thanks for any help.

Lovely, I would go for the RGB. In the one you linked is there discoloration on the panel and sill ahead of the rear wheel? Perhaps they have some 3M clear protective film on there to protect against chips from rocks? It looks kind of yellow though compared to the rest of the paint. 

Yes I still love the S2 Exige also.

Tough choice. Most would probably say 260 Cup as it has lots of nice carbon bits (dash, sidepods, roof, rear wing blade and so on). However I think the reality is that the RGB would be a nicer car on the road, the 260 Cup is a proper Motorsport product so no sound deadening would make earplugs necessary for longer trips. If it's mainly for track use then I'd go for the Cup, if more road use intended, the RGB. However you'll do well to find either, they very rarely come up and are very close to V6 money now also.

Silverstone had a red cup in a couple of weeks ago (which looked very similar to one Will Blackham sold last year) but it seemed to sell in a matter of minutes.  Personally I have no regrets in respect of getting rid of my S2 Sprint...

Thanks for the replies.:thumbsup:

I would be keeping my LF1 for road use, so the possibilty of a Cup 260 for track use would appeal.

I'm in no rush so I am prepared to wait for the right car to come along, and yes they are very rare to find for sale.

Hi All, I believe the RGB Exige mentioned with Will B is a car that we sold from new and then to its second owner. If I'm right, the condition is superb and has been very well looked after by both of its previous keepers - a good buy!

The Exige 260 cup that we had sold very quickly, they are very rare at the moment and apparently going up in value

• Like 1

www.lotussilverstone.co.uk

Matthew, was that the red Cup 260? I think that was the model before the 2010 facelift.

Would love one of these:260Cup.jpg.40ae6f032d53418a1937d6ae0602f338.jpg

Edited by PaulLF1

As you are probably aware the RGB is basically 260s spec with lightweight forged wheels and the structural shear panel which stiffens the rear subframe by 30% plus all the then current packs (Performance, Touring and Sport) and air conditioning which is essential if you intend to spend any time in the car, it gets very hot very quickly without it !   I believe there were 55 UK RHD Exige RGB produced 15 of which in Starlight Black. Lotus have confirmed mine was the last UK RHD Exige S2 built.  Never driven a Cup car which is lighter and more track focused, however, after 2 hours I need to stop and stretch, the seat makes my back ache, in reality it isn't a problem as after 2 hours you are thinking of refuelling. Oh ... and it is noisey even with the additional sound proofing from the Touring Pack due to the supercharger behind your ear and the TRD induction / air filter.  It's great fun when you are in the mood, but if you are not it can be tiresome. If think either car will be depreciation free in the short term with the potential to rise in value over the medium term. I did consider an Exige S3 but the rear styling and the extended wheel base to fit the V6 spoilt the proportions of the S2 which is fast enough for road use in its own right not withstanding the enhanced performance of the S3

IMG_0865_zpsofqojyz2.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Holy shit, is that what they are going for now? I'd rather have a V6 or a Cup 250 Elise.

Last one I found went for £38k or so. This one. !!!!!!

Thanks, my interest is leaning towards the 260 Cup Exige but at the price in the advert above, the extra put towards a V6 Cup would seem a sensible move..

Lovely car that but strong money. 4,000 mile Exige 240R for £36k seems like a better buy, they are also very rare and the first factory supercharged Exige.

• 5 months later...

Exige 260 Cup, Elise 250 Cup or Elise 260 Cup, which one?

Well, I made my choice :)

The Exige 260 Cup is the only one (almost) guaranteed not to lose you any money and the one linked looks absolutely fabulous :wub: BUT, would you be too afraid to use it? It would be a shame to own such a thing but be paranoid about keeping it mint and low mileage. Is it now really a collectors car?

The Elise 260 Cup could be a good long term investment and will always be special - just as the Exige 260 Cup turned out to be.

The Elise 250 Cup is a car to be used and enjoyed on road and track.

On 20/06/2017 at 15:07, The Pits said:

Lovely car that but strong money. 4,000 mile Exige 240R for £36k seems like a better buy, they are also very rare and the first factory supercharged Exige.

Set up on the 240R's wasn't great, they ran a 5th injector system on them that didn't work very well. I'd go for a later car.

Good to know but I'd still have one, stuff like that only makes them more interesting. Not for thrashing on track perhaps but the 240Rs are stunning and really captured my imagination at the time. A bit of Lotus history being the first factory supercharged Exige. I'm a big fan of the tri-fuel car that's for sale at the moment too. Would love to own that too!

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/exige-s2/lotus-exige-265e-biofuel-1-of-1/7903499

Is the 240R fixable with mapping? Modern ecu should be able to sort it I'd have thought.

I get where you're coming from but would you want a non oem ecu in there? It still might not tune up very well with the way it's configured. 

My mate had No1, stunning in black with silver wheels but had terrible trouble with the engine fluttering at higher revs. He was told TADTS... I personally wouldnt have one, I'd go for one of the later cars after 07 with the dbw throttle..