Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lions Tour 2017 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lions Tour 2017

The Pits

Anyone else watching or is it just me?

Really hope they can really challenge New Zealand. Beating them over 3 test matches is an enormous ask but it would be utterly amazing if they managed to pull it off.

At least on a par with a Rugby World Cup for me.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

I watched.  I dared to hope after that try. And then reality came crashing in.

ABs just too good.

I do think this is a good Lions team, but the ABs just on another level.

Yes it's been likened to that moment when Frank Bruno caught Mike Tyson. However I think for much of the game the Lions were genuinely competitive. There were times when the kiwis look flustered and nervous, that's when I thought it really could be on. The fear of losing at Eden Park was creeping in. If the Lions had edged ahead during that magic spell just after half time it would have been a test match for the ages.

What concerns me is that I don't think NZ played spectacularly well. Lots of uncharacteristic errors. Ben Smith struggled under the high ball, when do you ever see that?! They had them rattled alright but it feels like the best chance they'll get to beat them has gone. The Lions are now a known quantity. Ref let plenty slide for both sides but AB's were allowed to pass the ball forward at will.

I desperately hope the Lions find a way to nick the 2nd test. We still haven't seen intensity like the Australia tests 4 years ago. It's next week or never. I think both teams will be better. That's not good for the Lions!