Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Snetterton 23 August - Trackdays - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Snetterton 23 August

Gashead1105

@Gm77and I are doing the Javelin day at Snetterton on 23 August. Potentially @550superfastwill be attending as well. Anyone else interested? @Arun_D, @LF1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Javelin trackdays are the TDO. Should be the first Google link! I don't like booking via trackdays, they are just a middle man. 

Nah. Lots of parking out the back of the garages at Snetterton. Each one is 2 cars only. 

I did see you mention this in the other thread but unfortunately I'm already booked on an evening at Brands on the Monday and have an early morning start to head to the airport the day after your Snet' outing. Have fun.

It would be good to get along to this but I've got a couple of meetings that day which I don't think I can move.  If that changes I'll aim to book on.

I'm at Bedford on 29 August, booked with MSV.

Pretty great day yesterday all in all! Did two runs without any electronic aids on, tried to keep it smooth and clean and found them the most satisfying ones of the day actually. Gary, did you take any video? I am looking at that TVS 1900 ad and the forged wheels ad on the playground as well! 

ETA: might be able to resist on the basis that learning to drive the car properly without any electronic aids might be more satisfying than spending money on toys!

Edited by Gashead1105

Looks like you had a good day!  I liked the video Gary.  I really enjoy my Exige but it could do with more power, particularly noticeable on the long straights there.  The fact the car is so well set up and handles so well makes it capable of handling more bhp.

I was at Bedford yesterday, had a great day but was having to shift at around 5,500rpm to avoid the noise limits so that took some of the fun out of the day.  I was following an M4 and struggled to keep pace with it, assuming it was stock I would have hoped to be closer.  That said, I was short shifting so losing some top end pull.

I'm looking forward to 12 September at Snetterton where I have no noise problems.

Hi Will, that date is with MSV direct, I received a mailing this morning with the date listed so there should be places.  Be great if you can make it.  Good to read you were turning off the DPM assistance, I meant to do that yesterday while at Bedford, I would be interested to see how much it intervenes.  I only had one slide yesterday, Race mode was a help on that one!