Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Children Of Men - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Children Of Men

WayneB

I watched it last night, and found it quite thought provoking and disturbing.

Is this what the future holds for Britain? (I would hope not) :)

children_of_men_trailer.jpg

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed, it is a very thought provoking film. If you are interested in our future I would suggest The Long Emergency by James Howard Kunstler. Additional info can be found on his website www.kunstler.com.

Whilst he doesn't concur with the basic premise of the film [ie. that mankind will lose the ability to reproduce] I do think it provides an interesting backdrop for a future that is increasingly likely. The mayhem endured by most of humanity will be coming to western countries sooner than we think. Enjoy the ride whilst it lasts...

Stuart

I loved it too as it showed humanity for what it really is, or could be. Still, we're not far off the police state anyway....and being told what to do....think.....etc.....actually cut out the lack of reproduction and it's modern day Britain under a Labour Govt! :rolleyes:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I loved it both as a good story and as a technical accomplishment. You may have noticed these scenes too, but as a film maker I was particularely drawn to the 'extended' scenes shot in one continuous take - like when they're playing that game in the car, the mob attacks, they escape, police follow, etc... all one shot, non-stop camera without cutting away to another angle. Similar one-take scenes near the end but I won't describe them for fear of posting spoilers for those who haven't seen the film.