Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Now in the club... - Page 2 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Now in the club...

DJV83

21 hours ago, Bassman said:

You will not be disappointed by this car! I have had my matte black V6 Cup for 3 years and nearly 20,000 miles - every time I get into it all my troubles melt away and I just drive with a big fat grin on my face! As to mods, mine was delivered with a Quicksilver exhaust which sounds amazing but I have to be a bit careful on certain track days. For serious track work I find a harness to be essential. My dealer, Bell & Colvill, supply and fit Schroth harnesses which are fine, so I imagine Howard's Lotus could do similar for you.

Enjoy the drive.....!

Do you know exactly how loud it is?

And on what tracks has it caused you poblems?

Thanks

My car passes the static noise tests pretty much everywhere, registering 95-98 Db but the drive-by can be a problem when pushing hard. I have had a noise warning at Goodwood ( I'm a frequent visitor) - it's the sensor just after the chicane so I deal with that by holding off the power for 50 odd metres then getting hard back on the gas, so no dilution of enjoyment there! Black flagged at Brands Hatch so had to ease off and short shift. I don't like Brands so won't be going back in a hurry. Also been black flagged at Zolder, was allowed to continue but it's 2 strikes and you're out, unlike Spa and Le Mans where they don't seem to be to concerned about noise.

Got a warning at Silverstone recently but again, under instruction from a young racing driver, we were pushing much harder than I normally do - let off with a warning and allowed to continue - that was the GP circuit though - I have driven Silverstone National without any problem.

These are the exception though and I have had many good days at Goodwood and Castle Combe without incident. Also done Oulton Park OK and Anglesey and Knockhill are both in the middle of nowhere so noise not an issue at all - pure fun!

To answer your first question I don't know what the max Db is when going to the red line in 3rd and 4th but it sounds glorious!

Hope this helps - happy driving....!

• Like 1

Its nice to see my old exige with a loving new owner 

I enjoyed keeping it std but was tempted by adding 100bhp and firmer shocks but as it stood was 50/50 road & track. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, mbes2 said:

Its nice to see my old exige with a loving new owner 

I enjoyed keeping it std but was tempted by adding 100bhp and firmer shocks but as it stood was 50/50 road & track. 

It's a lovely car, you looked after it well and I will do the same whilst thoroughly enjoying it at the same time ?

I'm probably going to use it 70/30 road being the majority so will keep it standard. It certainly feels quick enough standard... for now! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was you handed the certificate for the car issued by lotus to confirm it's 1 of 1 ? 

As I let it go with the car, along with some cleaning products