Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Installed the soft top on my coupe - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Installed the soft top on my coupe

A few months ago I picked up a good deal on a used soft top from a guy in Germany. Since it was summer here (ie 50+ degrees celsius weather) I didn't get around to installing it until yesterday. I followed the steps at this link http://www.billswebspace.com/exigesofttopretrofit.htm

Process was easier than I expected but very nerve wracking still especially since I can be pretty clumsy. Luckily didn't face any issues and the installation went well. I shared some photos and a video below. 

IMG_7723.JPG

IMG_7724.JPG

IMG_7729.JPG

IMG_7733.JPG

• Like 2

Well done!

Looks very neat.

Check the adjustment cable to make sure it’s a tight fit, as you don’t want water making its way in (though i don’t imagine you’d get much rain in the UAE!)

As it’s so hot in your area, are you only going to take the roof off at night?!? ?

5 hours ago, sieger said:

Well done!

Looks very neat.

Check the adjustment cable to make sure it’s a tight fit, as you don’t want water making its way in (though i don’t imagine you’d get much rain in the UAE!)

As it’s so hot in your area, are you only going to take the roof off at night?!? ?

how can i check if the adjustment cable is tight and if it isn't tight how can i tighten it? Right now it seems tight i guess but won't really know unless i take it to the car wash

Based on my experience, the leading edge of soft top should be quite hard to move/lift when installed. 

To adjust, you’ll need two small spanners (not sure on size sorry), to loosen one nut, which will then allow you to adjust the length of the cable with the other nut.  Once done, tighten first nut hard up against second one. 

There are some pics floating around somewhere on the forum I think...