Silver/Grey Evora on M8

Alfa2Evora

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Probably me @Alfa2Evora- Quartz silver, Plate is GX59, has a small black Pistonheads smiley lower rear offside, and a Petrolicious 'Drive Tastefully' top of the tailgate glass.

Daily driver for me until sufficient ice / snow this winter dictate otherwise.

Didn't see any other Evora(s) around, were you out and about? Although, there is a dark grey S lives just down the road from me in Edinburgh!

Drivers_Front_3_4_no2.thumb.JPG.434c66a2c5226af833779cc0e3142e92.JPG

Dr Rick

2009 Evora NA in Quartz Silver, black interior, Tech Pack, Sport Pack, 2Bular 3rd cat bypass, Kenwood head unit, black anodised ali bargeboards, GRP Halo rear lights

• Gold FFM

That's the one!

Didn't notice the stickers (did notice the plate, and the exhaust note, :thumbup:) as you 'steamed' past. You were mixing it out in lane 3 on the uphill stretch immediately after junction 3 whilst I was slugging up lane 1 in my artic.

My P&J is already off the road for the winter - a deliberate if somewhat painful decision so that I'm forced to get on with the much talked-about but so-far little-actioned fettling that I have planned for it.

@Alfa2Evora, exhaust note is courtesy of a 2ubular cat bypass and an OEM titanium tipped sports silencer. I'm still tempted to try and get a BOE intake added. My wife reliably informs me that the Evora is 'louder' than my last car which was a 5.0 V8 Lexus with a custom SS valved exhaust. Seems fair :devil:

As for the 'steamed' progress - I'd suggest that that situation vaguely resembled me!! All within the realms of  legality of course m'lud.

Must give the Evora a little clean though, it's looking a little dirty and that's before the snow / salt get to us.

Dr Rick

2009 Evora NA in Quartz Silver, black interior, Tech Pack, Sport Pack, 2Bular 3rd cat bypass, Kenwood head unit, black anodised ali bargeboards, GRP Halo rear lights

• Gold FFM

@DrRick You have no case to answer - for some reason my dashcam had stopped recording so there is no evidence to present.

I've got a 2bular valved rear box, with the matching decat pipe on mine. Part of my fettling plan is to fit the headers (and so having lost the primary cats, replace the decat pipe with a sports cat) and also look at the BOE intake. That should give a whole new meaning to the word LOUD, not that it's exactly whisper-quiet at the moment, :whistle:- my good lady informs me that our dogs station themselves behind the front door a good few minutes before I pull up outside whereas if I'm in one of the other cars their reaction time is reduced to just a few seconds.

• 2 weeks later...

@Alfa2Evora, I like that kind of plan. How is the valved backbox actuated?

I'm also trying to find a helpful friend to bring a BOE intake back from the States for me.

This weekends task: fit the bargeboards that Fraser makes up. Then go hunting for a splitter at a sensible price to make the full set.

Dr Rick

• Gold FFM

@DrRick Currently, the solenoid for the valve is triggered by the heated rear screen button - downside of that is that it means I have no screen-clearing facility other than to wait for Toyota to provide sufficient heat, and it cuts off after 15-20 minutes so you have to push the button again to keep it open for longer.

More recent versions of the backbox (mine was one of 2bular's prototypes) have a remote fob to actuate them so it should be possible to programme one of the Homelink buttons in the roof panel for this function - that's one of the things on my fettling list for the over-winter lay-up.

Pity I didn't know sooner that you'd be looking for a splitter - I had one (unfitted) until a few months back, when having decided to go for a different bumper instead, I sold it to a guy in the West Country who mentioned on here that he too was looking for one. They're like hens' teeth, so I wish you luck in your quest.

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/11/2017 at 10:17, DrRick said:

Probably me @Alfa2Evora- Quartz silver, Plate is GX59, has a small black Pistonheads smiley lower rear offside, and a Petrolicious 'Drive Tastefully' top of the tailgate glass.

Daily driver for me until sufficient ice / snow this winter dictate otherwise.

Didn't see any other Evora(s) around, were you out and about? Although, there is a dark grey S lives just down the road from me in Edinburgh!

Drivers_Front_3_4_no2.thumb.JPG.434c66a2c5226af833779cc0e3142e92.JPG

Just came across this thread to find @DrRick is talking about my car being down the road from him...as you both now already know!