Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Message Options - Page 2 - Forum Info & Help - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Message Options

wiseraven

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since you're obviously cooking on gas, this should do for the IPB theme:

post-2900-1176336061.gif

Took a tad longer because of the switch to a vertical gradient. You'll still need the tile to continue the gradient across the full page width.

While I was checking how the page is laid out, I couldn't help noticing that the rather large stylesheet is inline. Would it not make page loading quicker (and your bandwidth requirements lower) if this was in a .css file so it could be cached? Not sure if that's something you could do yourself, or whether it's a question for the IPB team.

Phil

More speed, less haste

do you guys ever go to bed?

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

do you guys ever go to bed?

If you send me one of your F1 team's pit lane dollies I'm sure I could find a reason to go there :thumbup:

Take two of these twice a day to put some vim in yer go, then you can burn the midnight oil howard

shark-liver-oil.jpg

I see the label says "keep out of the reach of children".

Shouldn't that be "keep out of the reach of SHARKS"?

More speed, less haste

is this what you meant by Vim?

vim-poster.jpg

or was is this one?

vim.jpg

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

• 7 months later...
Phil - I don't mind admitting it but that was very hard work.

Go to 'my controls' then 'board settings' and you can now select to save and track (either/or) as your default. :)

Hi Bibs :) this option has gone :( must have been when the upgrade happened :)

edit ,,,,, the ' welcome back, your last visit was on the 23rd October at 7.41pm' has not changed since the v2.3.2 upgrade either

( used to check it every morning to see what time the alcohol overcame me and i went to bed)

Edited by Dodgy

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Dave,

Mine still says the last time I visited was the 28th October so perhaps we have the same problem :)

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

my auto save was set as default, but it wont do it now unless i click on save in sent folder, once yuo have clicked send, its too late to remember :)

I find it very useful.

If the site remembers I was here at 1pm on the 21st Nov then when I come back at say 9pm and click "view new posts" I get all the new stuff rather than 40 pages of stuff I may already have viewed. At the moment I've got to remember what time I last viewed posts which, for an old bloke like me, can be tricky :)

Cheers,

Graham

"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Click the 'delete cookies set by this board'.

Here's the last response from IPB...

Hello,

Everything looks good so far as files that I can see on that forum.. What I would recommend is that anyone having the problem click the "Mark All Posts as Read" link.

"View New Posts" and the last login are controlled by both the database and a cookie on the users machine. If that cookie becomes 'stuck', then the only way to reset it is through "Mark All Posts as Read".. That's what would likely be the problem if the files are up to date, which they do appear to be.

Jason

IPS Support

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

still the last time logged on was 23rd Oct @7.41, tried, reset and delete cookies thing Bibs

er , now it won't let me stay logged in !!!!

ignor last post, reset shortcut and home button ok, date still wrong

Edited by Dodgy

Same here..............just a different date.

Also makes no difference what pc I use to log on (home or work)

Graham.

This might have worked. It's now telling me that I last visited a minute ago.

Fingers crossed.

Graham.

Nope, failed again.

It's now telling me that the last time I visited the site was when I manually logged-out.

I have of course visited many time since then but it doesn't seem to remember me.

Oh hum............ :devil:

Graham.

Bibs, what ever you'de done seems to have worked for me, hadn't bothered about the fact I had something like 27 pages of "new" posts, when it was more like 1 page. Now when I re-start my browser it only shows those topics with real new posts.

Andy

I think it's working for me now too.

Today when I logged on their was only 2 pages of "New Posts" rather than the usual 27 <_<

I'll see what my pc at work records tomorrow..........fingers crossed.

Graham.