Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The 430 was being tested in 2015? - Page 3 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

The 430 was being tested in 2015?

alias23

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
13 hours ago, Bibs said:

From Lotus:

"We would like to make our position clear with regards to this post and the related discussion.  Whilst the image shown was of an Exige development car, the car in question was in no way related to the Exige Cup 430; a project which was not conceived until 2017, some two years after this image was taken."

Do Lotus say if the development car in  @RESTELL's 2015 photo was charge cooled or not?

14 hours ago, Bibs said:

From Lotus:

"We would like to make our position clear with regards to this post and the related discussion.  Whilst the image shown was of an Exige development car, the car in question was in no way related to the Exige Cup 430; a project which was not conceived until 2017, some two years after this image was taken."

Thanks Bibs for the note from lotus.

I’m now very confused... and please please let’s not start any more argument but the original post did clearly state this was a 430 mule. The test driver must have been mistaken then?

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

1 minute ago, alias23 said:

I’m now very confused... and please please let’s not start any more argument but the original post did clearly state this was a 430 mule. The test driver must have been mistaken then?

Probably was a 430, just different than the 430 we have today. They probably even have a 500 mule, I'd imagine they're constantly testing and experimenting... 

• Like 1

Lol at this thread and some of the comments on it. Unless they're releasing an entirely new model this year (or next), then there is still more to come from it, we'll see a 450/460 model yet..- know for a fact they can wind it up over 500 hp, how long it will last is another mater but this is why they test things out. I have no doubt the engine config in the back of thatmule was the 430, but that's all it is, the engine config.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alias23 said:

430 as in output as supposed to a specific vehicle surely.  

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

The car pictured was not chargecooled, my post above from Lotus was factually correct and the Cup 430 wasn't conceived as a project until 2017 as stated. 

You could consider that any Exige mule is a mule towards future development and upgrades, so could even say that the first V6 Exige was a development car towards the latest Exige, it all heads in the same direction ultimately.

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

21 hours ago, Bibs said:

From Lotus:

Right...so... it not hearsay because it came from Lotus or is hearsay because it came from Bibs??  :ermm::sofa:

• Haha 1

On 02/01/2018 at 20:57, Bibs said:

From Lotus:

On 29/12/2017 at 11:25, The Pits said:

However I think we’re all old and wise enough to not believe everything on the internet even if people claim to have heard it direct from the manufacturer.

and that pretty much sums up this thread.

:lol:

• Like 1