Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Gt3 Plenum Cover - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Gt3 Plenum Cover

Gasman GT3

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has had the same problem as me? My plenum cover inside the front compartment of my GT3 has broken where the gas ram attaches. It's only made from thin ABS and hardly seems up to the job, talk about on the edge engineering. As well as breaking around the gas ram bracket it has also split over time around the fixing bolts.

So off I went to Paul Matty's to order a new one. After spending 20mins trying to identify it in the parts manual ( it isn't very clear in the drawing what the part number is) Matty"s parts guy came back with the price, wait for it

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to picture whereabouts on the car you mean (I'm a bit thick). Do you mean under the front bonnet area? If so I think I've just clicked! :)

I'm not surprised you repaired that bit, it's not as if anyone but you will ever see it!

I'm trying to picture whereabouts on the car you mean (I'm a bit thick). Do you mean under the front bonnet area? If so I think I've just clicked! :)

I'm not surprised you repaired that bit, it's not as if anyone but you will ever see it!

Yep you got it under the front bonnet. It seems to have a dual purpose, 1 to cover the heater fan and allow fresh air into the vent system, and 2 to allow water from the windscreen to drain away. According to the guys at Matty's it falls into the "we will make it from whatever is laying around catagory" at Lotus. On some cars it's made from GRP and on others ABS.

Still