Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Sourcing Electric Window Motors... - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Sourcing Electric Window Motors...

I posted some time ago asking how to get the drivers side window motor out of a 1988 Esprit Turbo and have shamefully only just got around to doing it!

http://www.glcforum.com/esprit/forums/inde...?showtopic=3424 - Many thanks for the replies!

Anyway, the cause of the problem is a seized bearing in the bottom of the motor. It's completely stuck. So, I'm in need of a new motor.

After reading various posts on this forum and different websites it appears that the motor is from a Jaguar XJS (not sure which years though?).

Does anyone know where I can get hold of one? I've tried just about everywhere I can think of from Lotus, Jaguar and eBay but it seems no one has one?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Regards,

Neil

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyway, the cause of the problem is a seized bearing in the bottom of the motor. It's completely stuck. So, I'm in need of a new motor.

Hi Neil,

Have you tried removing the brush gear on the top of the motor and running penetrating oil down the sides so it soaks the bottom bearing, in time this may un-seize it. The motor looks like this in bits:

post-1506-1177004266.jpg

I'm fairly sure its just a simple shell bearing and running oil down in between the magnets with the worm gear facing upwards, given time will probably get it moving again. You may have to carefuly grip the worm gear in a vice or chuck then twist the motor body to get it free after soaking. There is a small plastic jewel bearing pushed in the bottom end of the shaft, so be careful not to loose this. You can just see the jewel in the picture between the housing and the motor armature, its the bit that looks like a black blob !!

Martyn :thumbsup:

Edited by martynv

Hey, many thanks for all the replies, I have looked at the parts cross reference list and have also contacted various local Bosch dealers and Bosch themselves. Bosch say they stopped making it 4 years ago.

I've completely soaked the bearings in penetrating oil but they still grind and squeal like mad. I think water has got in through the two holes at the bottom where they bend the metal casing up to support the magnets.

I'll try SJ Sportscars and let you know how I get on.

Many thanks once again it's really appreciated.

Hey, many thanks for all the replies, I have looked at the parts cross reference list and have also contacted various local Bosch dealers and Bosch themselves. Bosch say they stopped making it 4 years ago.

I've completely soaked the bearings in penetrating oil but they still grind and squeal like mad. I think water has got in through the two holes at the bottom where they bend the metal casing up to support the magnets.

I'll try SJ Sportscars and let you know how I get on.

Many thanks once again it's really appreciated.

bought mine 1,5 years ago

i know of people still selling them (errasing the bosch nr)

greets Rens

researche is something i do when i don't know what the hell i'm doing