Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Odd problem, watery fluid in passenger footwell - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Odd problem, watery fluid in passenger footwell

Finally went to get my car out today and found I'd got my first problem since owning the car back in 2014, funny thing is its rather odd.

Basically the passenger side footwell is full of a watery fluid which has also managed to find a route under the car around the front jacking point.  If you splash around in it foams up white.   I'm confident its not coolant or oil, just behaves differently  My car is a cup so has the fire ext cell, but the connections seem dry.  Could it be water ingress from washing or washer fluid?   The car has been stored in the garage since it was washed and put away for the winter.

Any ideas much appreciated.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Probably car washing liquid caused by the HVAC drain tube being blocked. Remove the one way valve from the end and if water pours out that's the cause. I believe dealers permanently remove the tube but just not refitting the valve should be enough.

1 hour ago, S2111S said:

Probably car washing liquid caused by the HVAC drain tube being blocked. Remove the one way valve from the end and if water pours out that's the cause. I believe dealers permanently remove the tube but just not refitting the valve should be enough.

Thanks, apologies for the noob question, where would i find the HVAC drain tube?

Front undertray off and looking for two of these flexible pipes hanging down. Somewhere around the heater box. The V shaped thing in the end is the valve. Remove both valves.

IMG_2238_zpsad0ba5b1.jpg