Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Installing A Start Engine Button - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Installing A Start Engine Button

Xsesiv

hi, Im ready to install a start button from HOnda s2000 in my esprit V8gt, I need help for wich wires I must connect to start button,I attach a image with wires colors, thz and sorry for my english.

post-407-1177448799.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been wanting to do that as well... When you're done please post a how to guide... Would love to see what it looks like installed. Sorry I couldn't be more of a help.

Garage:

2001 Lotus Esprit V8

2003 Kawasaki ZX6RR

1994 Toyota 4Runner

Wish list:

MV Agusta F4-1000 Tamburini

hi, Im ready to install a start button from HOnda s2000 in my esprit V8gt, I need help for wich wires I must connect to start button,I attach a image with wires colors, thz and sorry for my english.

post-407-1177448799.jpg

AFIK

Brown / Red = Battery +ve

White/ Red = starter

White = engine run ( ignition system etc)

Green / White = accessories

So, to start you'd have the button connect the Brown/Red to battery, but ..... this is normally protected such that you cannot engage the starter without the ignition being on.

So, to wire the button in, you would need to disrupt the White/ Red wire, connecting from the starter to the button, and then connect the white wire to the other side of the button without disrupting it.

That should compliment the web pages already cited, so you know which wire on the Esprit to use.

Andy

hello guys, i installed the button perfectly and run well, thz a lot all of you. tomorrow I will upload some photos, yes I saw the dermot lotus and I think was a nice idea to start with this button.