Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New Suspension - Page 2 - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

New Suspension

Not driven my 4x4 for nearly a month now :crybaby:

hehe

Seriously though mine isn't any different than before with fronts low and the rears high.

06.jpg

Last pic I took of it a week or so ago - the front has settled a bit.

http://www.jonathanedwards.pwp.blueyonder....erior/index.htm

See pics here - the only one with the new suspension is the one in this post, the rest are all original.

Edited by Jonathan

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear All

Apologies if I am being dim.

I have just taken delivery of my new dampers and springs - along with new bolts and lower pins in case things have to be cut apart - and I have a query about the circlip setting on the dampers.

The circlip is located on the upper of the two settings but I am confused. Andy seems to have changed this to the lower of the two settings and this has produced more or less, the standard ride height. What are the experiences of those who have fitted the new set up?

Who has used the as-delivered upper circlip setting and similarly, who has slipped the circlip into its lower groove?

Many thanks.

The quoted ride height in the entry above: 150 KG of occupants and half full of gas; 170 front and 165 rear. To what bit of the car are these heights measured ? Thanks

To Andy Blackman: It never fails to amaze me...No matter how many years I own an Esprit and how many pictures I see of this car, every single one is absolutely drop dead gorgeous, just like yours !

My new suspension is still terrific, but if you let me know where to measure to, I will check my ride height.

Edited by toyroom

Who has used the as-delivered upper circlip setting and similarly, who has slipped the circlip into its lower groove?

I used the front = lower setting

Rear = upper setting

Mainly becuase to change the front is an absolute PIG of a job, the rears can be done in minutes.

I wanted the car lower, mine currently rides a bit high and un-even (although I have done next to no miles in the car)

Hope to do more tests in about 500 miles.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

• 3 weeks later...