Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
America's Finest Lotus Collection - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

America's Finest Lotus Collection

This is an open invitation to forumites who might wander our way (the mid-South)  to see the collection. If you do end up in our area, give me a ping via PM.  There is nothing we like better than to meet new friends who share our interests. We offer our local knowledge, our whisky (or whiskey if you prefer)  and our home in turn. That is as serious an offer as I know Bibs' was to me and if you get here for business or pleasure, we encourage the contact.  What's a good forum for  if not to share commonalities and comradeship?  

• Like 1

'17 Evora 400 MT 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

What a fantastic place!  Not just the collection, but the way in which it's being displayed, I love the airfix kit style displays, and the body / chassis / complete car display especially.  The lighting looks fantastic too.

Great to see some Lotus love from over in the USA too.

We're hoping to drive down from Nashville to Barber in August  with Jay Emm in tow as he'll be here mid-month.  I'm assuming he'll want to visit the collection but that's ultimately up to him.  I've previously mentioned in this thread that anyone visiting the area  should feel free to contact me by PM. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can if you're touring/taking holiday in Tennessee, the Carolinas, Kentucky  or northern Alabama or just need a Lotus enthusiasm fix.  I realize this area isn't always the first region on everyone's list when visiting our confused land, but if you've seen the rest of the continent you're not finished nor fully informed about America until you've spent some time in the South.  

I've experienced the traditions and regional variations in Great Britain.  Likewise the American south, for better or worse,  is almost like a different country compared to the northeast or the American west.  That includes fauna, flora, cuisine, landscape and a famous cultural divide as well. The South is hospitable though, probably the most "polite" region in the country.  Visitors and people on holiday will enjoy it if for that reason alone although there's more to recommend it than that.  Plus we have alligators! 

'17 Evora 400 MT 

I've read every John Grisham book, and although they're based a little further south than you, I'd like to visit and try grits and also biscuits! Plus catch some crooks and take them to trial, I think I'm qualified! :D

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.