Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Ecu Reset Procedure - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Ecu Reset Procedure

I know I read how to do this without disconnecting the battery, but I'm having a brain block trying to remember how to do it, and my searches aren't getting anywhere. Can somebody remind me how to reset the ecu?

Thanks!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I read how to do this without disconnecting the battery, but I'm having a brain block trying to remember how to do it, and my searches aren't getting anywhere. Can somebody remind me how to reset the ecu?

Thanks!

Disconnect the battery,stand around for a little while ...............and then reconnect,remember your radio code if you have one !

Nick S4s

Simplest things first.

Dave, I searched using 'ecu reset' and found this thread. Scroll down to Dermot's post (# 7) - that the one?

I'm trying to avoid disconnecting the battery (hate resetting all the radio stations, equalizer, bass boost etc...). For some reason, I thought there was one more step after pulling the ecu fuse.

OK - call me an old fashioned purist, but if the In-Car Entertainment is so important to you, maybe you've missed out on the point of the "Car-Entertainment" ! :question:

Correct me if i am wrong but off the top of my head is it not fuse 10 in the boot on the right handside. I always thought you removed this for a period of 20 - 30 seconds and thats it ECU reset seems to work on my car when i had warning codes a while ago.

Check out your owner manual for the ECU fuse but i am positive its number 10.

Waynef