Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Fuel Pump Install - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Fuel Pump Install

Artie

I finally got my Sport 300 fuel pump installed in my Esprit, thanks to some tips from Travis(Vulcan Grey) it really was no sweat. It took me 2 hours from start to finish(well start I guess). I took lots of pictures and I was thinking of sending them to Kato for a LEW page on the Stevens Fuel pump replacement tech. Anyway, I got the pump from JAE for $185 US and after removing my pump I think part of my Knock count issue may have been my very black and stopped up strainer! Haven't had a chance to drive the car and test my theory but I will post you on my results.

Here are a few pics.

Notice how black the strainer is:

lotus407029se8.jpg

lotus407030te5.jpg

lotus407031xt2.jpg

Edited by Artie

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Artie, out of interest, how high was your knock count? I'm curious because I had a count of 10 and on Dermot's advice changed the fuel filter canister. Now my knock is around 2 and the car goes even better!

Mike

Artie, out of interest, how high was your knock count? I'm curious because I had a count of 10 and on Dermot's advice changed the fuel filter canister. Now my knock is around 2 and the car goes even better!

Mike

Mike,

My count varies, it seems that almost every hard acceleration I do, I'll get a count or two. I can drive for about 30 minutes and get at high as 20 or more, sometimes less if I don't get into it as much. I replaced the fuel filter, all new RC fuel injectors from WC engineering, WC chip, good gas with Lucas Octane booster, engine mounts are tight.....I've covered every part of the system and this is the last fuel system part to be replaced.... I will post my results if the rain holds off today and I can drive! I'm hoping to get my full 1.25bar of boost!

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

93 RX7.....Silverstone

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

1.25 bar is no problemo in any gear..

whats you real MAT like on the road?

Depends, usually around 42C will climb up to about 50C when hitting it hard but comes down pretty fast when I get out of it. She'll hit 1.25 bar no problem but when the knock starts to come on, boost comes down fast as timing is pulled and the ecm decreases the boost solenoid duty cycle to prevent self destruct!

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

93 RX7.....Silverstone

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

Artie. I'd be interested to see your freescan log with your new pump installed, (that's if it's stopped raining over there). I'm still scratching my head over some of my log results.

Mike

Artie. I'd be interested to see your freescan log with your new pump installed, (that's if it's stopped raining over there). I'm still scratching my head over some of my log results.

Mike

It's finally stopped raining, I'll get the car out this weekend and try and post up a few logs(old and new) with the pump.

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

93 RX7.....Silverstone

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm