Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Wrx, Or Cars In General - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Wrx, Or Cars In General

ok, so here is what I am thinking of doing to my subaru, I have aftermarket uppipes and downpipes. the downpipe doesnt fit perfectly with the stock catback, so there is a exh. leak. Will i gain anything for just running without catback. Where I live there is no emissions but it was just kind of loud. However, I love the boxer rumble because of the uneven headers!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Henry, are you saying that you're going to remove the remaining part of the OE exhaust - the section containing the cat?

If so, then the answer is Yes, but ideally you'll also need a remap. Remap options are MY dependent. But Ecutek is the system of choice for the vast majority of the long established remapping 'gods' e.g. Bob Rawle, Pat Herborn and Andy Forrest.

If I've misunderstood your intentions please clarify exactly what you've done so far (exhaust wise), and which section(s) you're are now considering replacing.

James

Edit - just realised you're not in the UK ;) In which case you've got other remap software options e.g. Cobb

Edited by Tentenths

I have a UK WRX wagon with full Decat and a load of other mods (running 329bhp standard 220). Decat does work well but you have to get a remap to really gain the power and retain the reliability.

I had mine done by Powerstation.

If your suggesting removing the exhaust all together I think at full throttle you will find that all your teeth rattle out if your head plus it may not run properly as most cars require some back pressure from the exhaust system.

well, i have an Invidia Downpipe and Invidia Uppipe, both catless, I also have a Cobb AccessPort and I am running on the VF39 Off the shelf Map that cobb provided. Other mods include Pink STi Fuel injectors, Walboro fuel pump, VF39 (STi turbo) which replaced the mitsubishi TD04 stock turbo on the WRX. When I ran the car with out my catback, it kind of lagged; however, I could hear the "boxer rumble" (I love this sound because of the uneven headers) and popping noises, probable from the combustion, sounds like an anti-lag system in the rally cars, pop pop pop. I love this setup because I shoot flames!!!!! but it feels slow without my catback.

Edited by lotusessex80