Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Spare Set Of Wheels - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Spare Set Of Wheels

Guest kev_rm

Guest kev_rm

I'm a new V8 owner (2003), in Seattle, WA

I'm looking to aquire a set of wheels to put track tires on the esprit. What are the options for getting a new set of factor and/or aftermarket wheels for the esprit v8?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a new V8 owner (2003), in Seattle, WA

I'm looking to aquire a set of wheels to put track tires on the esprit. What are the options for getting a new set of factor and/or aftermarket wheels for the esprit v8?

Welcome Kev! You can try and find a set of used V8/S4s wheels but as you are well aware these cars are rare enough, not many people have spare Lotus wheels laying around. You can have a custom set of Forgeline or iForged, or HRE wheels made to your liking but you will spend upwards of $3K US for those. It all really depends on how much you want to spend, what you want them to look like and how much patience you have in finding what you want.

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

• 5 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

@ Kevin: you can also use cheaper rims with boltcircle of 110mm (Opel/GM/Vauxhal) and a 60mm centerspacer. All you need to find is a tyreshop who knows this M14x1.5 x29mm rim-bolts with movable 60

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Think there are a few companies who do 108mm battern now days... Volvo for one..... do a search on e-bay for 108pcd wheels, then buy some aftermarket rims that fit that make of car and get some spacers....

Wheel & Tyre calculator

Use this link to work out your comparative wheel sizes and spacer requirements...

We've discussed the Wobbly wheel bolts on here before, people didnt like the sound of them, dont know how good they are....

Simon

Chunky Lover

There's a guy in L.A. selling new 03 Oz Nova's for about $2K a set - if you're interested let me know and I'll dig his contact info out.

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

I am selling mine, mine are the AWI 6-spoke monobloc racing wheels. They are in good shape with just a little curbrash and I will sell them pretty cheap.. let me know what you want to pay and I'll mail them to you..

I am getting the OZ nova's to completely my 04 look transformation on my car..

:smoke:

http://www.glcforum.com/esprit/forums/inde...ost&id=2281

this is another pic of the type of rims I have..

Edited by mamovaka

FYI, the weight ranking of the factory V8 rims are as follows (individually weighed at the local shop):

1. OZ Chrono Magnesios (std on Sport 350, and option on some '00 US V8s) -- Lightest

2. OZ Novas (std on '02 - '04 US V8s)

3. OZ Futuras (option on '97 - '99 US V8s)

4. OZ Saturns (std on '99 - '01 US V8s)

5. AWI Monoblocs (std on '97 - '98 US V8s) -- Heaviest

Something to keep in mind if you're looking for a set of racing rims. Personally, I would race with the stock Novas that you have, second lowest rotational inertia, runner-up to the Chronos (unless you're able to source the Chronos -- good luck, and congrats on your deep pockets!), and buy mamovaka's AWI (re-finish them) for the streets and show -- why? Because I believe (IMHO) the AWIs are the most beautiful rims ever made for the V8 ;-)

Edited by 2003 V8 TT

FYI, the weight ranking of the factory V8 rims are as follows (individually weighed at the local shop):

1. OZ Chrono Magnesios (std on Sport 350, and option on some '00 US V8s) -- Lightest

2. OZ Novas (std on '02 - '04 US V8s)

3. OZ Futuras (option on '97 - '99 US V8s)

4. OZ Saturns (std on '99 - '01 US V8s)

5. AWI Monoblocs (std on '97 - '98 US V8s) -- Heaviest

Something to keep in mind if you're looking for a set of racing rims. Personally, I would race with the stock Novas that you have, second lowest rotational inertia, runner-up to the Chronos (unless you're able to source the Chronos -- good luck, and congrats on your deep pockets!), and buy mamovaka's AWI (re-finish them) for the streets and show -- why? Because I believe (IMHO) the AWIs are the most beautiful rims ever made for the V8 ;-)

Agree that the AWI's are the best looking :mail: but I believe the Saturns are heaviest (by a small amount)

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

I am selling mine, mine are the AWI 6-spoke monobloc racing wheels. They are in good shape with just a little curbrash and I will sell them pretty cheap.. let me know what you want to pay and I'll mail them to you..

SKY (see other topics in Stevens Technical Room) is looking for a set of AWI's :mail: ...

- Nulla tenaci invia est via -

Hello to all, i'm new to the group, just purchased a '99 black esprit. I need some advised on getting new rims, can you go 18/19 without any major problems? or should i stay with 17/18?? Who makes rims with the same bolt pattern and dimension? thanks jay

Hello to all, i'm new to the group, just purchased a '99 black esprit. I need some advised on getting new rims, can you go 18/19 without any major problems? or should i stay with 17/18?? Who makes rims with the same bolt pattern and dimension? thanks jay

Jay,

Congrats on the new addition! 18" f and 19" rear can be done. However, it will be a very tight fit. Check out Lotusespritworld.com and look in the S4 owners section.. There is an owner with 19" wheels you can see. 18s front and rear work well as I have this setup on my SE. As for other manufacturers who make the 5X108 is limited. Volvo uses it but the offsets are off. Look into my earlier posts for some ideas on wheel choices.

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm