Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Original Turbo SE rear dampers - Wanted - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Original Turbo SE rear dampers

Vanya

I'm looking for a pair of (preferably unused) rear dampers for a Turbo SE. I believe these were identical on the Turbo and SE (same spec springs and dampers). 

I'm simply not satisfied with my SPAX setup as it doesn't feel right. I'm running original front coilovers but the rear makes the car feel strange, too bouncy when set firm and too much movement when set too soft (looks like the car is gonna bottom out when riding over wavy roads etc). I'd like to have everything set up the way Lotus intended.

Anyone have a pair of these kicking around on a shelf somewhere? 

Cheers in advance. 

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

• 10 months later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BUMP! 

Still on the hunt for these. Anyone have any? 

• 2 months later...

Another bump! These are REALLY hard to come by! :S 

On 16/08/2019 at 12:56, SWLC said:

Sorry just checked and we have no stock of the original dampers. We do have a pair of brand new original Sport 300 rear dampers 😀

Oooh! Tempting. 

Right now I think however that I'll resort to LOTAC. Any idea of how the damping rates differ from the original setup? 

2 hours ago, Bibs said:

I don't think Lotus ever released the rates to protect their IP. If you want the LOTAC setup, I can check availability with the factory for you?

Yes please!

We are not sure about the rates, do you know what colour dot you originally had on your dampers as we have some excellent 'white dot' used ones that we found. If not bibs can sort out the LOTAC ones for you 😀

21 hours ago, SWLC said:

We are not sure about the rates, do you know what colour dot you originally had on your dampers as we have some excellent 'white dot' used ones that we found. If not bibs can sort out the LOTAC ones for you 😀

Hi,

Not sure about the colour - I can check in the coming days when I go back to the garage. My original dampers are literally coated in rust, unsure if theres a speck of painted/unmarked area left but I'll do my best to check. I think white dot is for USA cars 1988 which I believe still had the Citroën gearbox and inboard rear calipers?

/V

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/08/2019 at 10:24, SWLC said:

Hi! Just had a look at my old struts today and they are indeed white spot - still have the remnants of a white sticker as well as the Lotus part number marked in the damper. What condition are the used ones you have in? Also, do you have the matching 12 mm spacer they're meant to be fitted with?

Sorry for the late reply. Just went to get the dampers and they are no good as they are misting so we have thrown them away. We will keep a look out for you and see if we can get some more used ones  

• 1 month later...
On 06/09/2019 at 13:59, SWLC said:

Sorry for the late reply. Just went to get the dampers and they are no good as they are misting so we have thrown them away. We will keep a look out for you and see if we can get some more used ones  

Thanks guys! I'll keep waiting patiently. for now I've fitted GAZ shocks with S4 spec springs, car is a lot more planted now at all speeds with no bounce so that's a huge plus.