Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
S1 spare wheel: Wolfrace slot - Wanted - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

S1 spare wheel: Wolfrace slot

Kleynen

Hello,

Looking for a spare Wolfrace wheel to complete the restoration of my Esprit S1.  

Can anybody confirm it is a 6Jx14FHA-HE30?  Same mag as the front wheels?

I understand that the correct 4x100 bolt pattern might be impossible to find.  Therefore I would also buy a different bolt pattern that I can adapt.

Thanks

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kleynen, Yes you are correct. I can confirm that the wheel you need is the same as the fronts. 6Jx14FA-HE30. I can also confirm that you are also correct in saying they are nigh on impossible to find!! (at a reasonable price). However the fronts DO come up occasionally and a lot regularly than the rears  which never seem to come up.:wallbash: Best of luck in your search.

Thanks William to confirm! :)

Like I said, I am interested in buying any 6Jx14FA-HE30 with 4 bolt holes.  (My plan is to drill 4 new holes and weld the old holes shut.)

16 minutes ago, Kleynen said:

Thanks William to confirm! :)

Like I said, I am interested in buying any 6Jx14FA-HE30 with 4 bolt holes.  (My plan is to drill 4 new holes and weld the old holes shut.)

The correct wheels do come up on eBay from time to time but they're not cheap! @philleech did what you're suggesting and welded up the original holes and then re-drilled when he restored his S1. The last set of 4 wheels (2 front and 2 backs) I saw sold on Facebook went for £1,000

Edited by Paul Coleman

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

As Paul said I had this done a few years ago but the problem is that the hole in the middle of the wheel is too large for the Esprit so that needs to be reduced too. 4 spigots were made that were welded into the wheels, the 4 original stud holes were welded shut and 4 new ones redrilled. Apparently it's very difficult to hide the welds if the wheels are repolished so I had mine powder coated instead.

Thanks!

In the past I saw prices up to £1,000 for one mag. L

Like I said, I only need the spare wheel.  Most probably I will have to adapt the mag, like philleech did.

Are there other places you can recommend beside, Ebay?

10 hours ago, Kleynen said:

Thanks!

In the past I saw prices up to £1,000 for one mag. L

Like I said, I only need the spare wheel.  Most probably I will have to adapt the mag, like philleech did.

Are there other places you can recommend beside, Ebay?

The set that went for £1,000 were on Facebook.

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

You may find S2 spare wheels if you want something less expensive or temporary. 

Jim McLeskey Richmond, VA USA