Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Adjustable Rear Top Links - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Adjustable Rear Top Links

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully in the post tomorrow (I'm away for a week out the country).

14mm is the size, I would go with thatever pitch you can get as my S300 ones are a course thread and the ones on the GT3 are fine.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

ok, so I have to ask, why do you ask?

Cause I think I may be able to save you alot of time.

The Lotus adjustable rear upper links use LOTUS PART#A082D6038F, which is a left and right hand threaded bolt with 16x1.5mm thread (LH & RH). The nuts are also LH and RH threaded of course.

I bought my adjuster bolts from a Lotus parts supplier, including the nuts, and then I made the plugs to weld into my cut (non-adjustable original upper links). The taps were the most expensive part by far...

http://www.lotuscolorado.com/vulcangrey/ga...tableupperlinks

P6200170.sized.jpg

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Got the dunces hat on today - they are 16mm not 14mm (guns are 14mm :thumbsup:)

I had a mismatch with the S300 ones I have - the ones you buy from Lotus are definatly 1.5 pitch (just measured them).

I can remember when i was re-furbing mine the people working on them prior had rounded the nuts off, I bought this set and found they are a different thread so I have them as spare.

IIRC they were pretty cheap.

Any reason why you cant buy 4x sets of pos/neg nuts and weld them in place as opposed to tapping them ?

Even if you stack 2 nuts together to increase the thread lenght thats got to be cheaper than a -16mm tap and all the farting around.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Got the dunces hat on today - they are 16mm not 14mm (guns are 14mm :thumbsup:)

I had a mismatch with the S300 ones I have - the ones you buy from Lotus are definatly 1.5 pitch (just measured them).

I can remember when i was re-furbing mine the people working on them prior had rounded the nuts off, I bought this set and found they are a different thread so I have them as spare.

IIRC they were pretty cheap.

Any reason why you cant buy 4x sets of pos/neg nuts and weld them in place as opposed to tapping them ?

Even if you stack 2 nuts together to increase the thread lenght thats got to be cheaper than a -16mm tap and all the farting around.

Yeah the Sport 300 and X180-R are beefier.

I seriously wouldn't just weld nuts together....

For one you'd probably kill the temper of the nuts, also distort them, and then they don't exactly fit with a round tube... Alignment is an issue as well. A tapped and turned plug will provide a correct concentric mate with the upper link arms (once cut).

Edited by Vulcan Grey

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Thanks.

I'm planing to do the same as Travis, so will need to obtain / have the inserts manufactured. I'm hoping to find some "off the shelf" inserts that can be turned to fit, but failing that I will have to purchase the taps and do it myself as well.

I should then be able to adjust the rear camber, should I decide to swap the wheels / lower the car from standard etc.

Then it's to the front, and make the offset square space and adjust the top wishbones.

Andy

Hello

I'm also thinking to make one too and I found this from boat shop (see picture) I don't know how to call in eng. ?

it's Stainless and question is I can buy e.g 10-12 mm and if weld a stainless pipe both end can work ?

What you think ( it will be cheap but I don't know how strong ).

Y.Hotta

I bough the original lotus items.. they're really not that expensive. By the time you've bought a tap and spent hours modifying what are already quite old items.. you've probably not saved that much. And unless you're going to re coat them, they'll rust quicker.