Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Eliseparts uniball kit question - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Eliseparts uniball kit question

Hi all! I'm posting here to help a friend of mine here in Taiwan who doesn't speak English too well. He has a 2002 Elise 1.8 K series and is installing the Eliseparts Uniball rear control link kit. The car's suspension and tires are completely stock and he wants to keep it that way. The instructions are kind of difficult, especially with regards to adding shim washers to get to a base setting. 

The instructions say 4 washers per side equals 7.6mm spacing and is right for a stock/base setting. However in the images, as well as various internet searches it seems like most people aren't putting and shim washers. 

Can anyone who has installed this kit provide us some insight? Thanks very much!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the link. I have found that but even he says 4 washers and then in his diagram shows 3 washers. He mentions washers @ 1mm, while the kit provides washers at 1.8mm. Hence the additional confusion. Hoping for input from anyone who has done it themselves before? 

• 1 month later...
On 18/09/2018 at 11:58, TKTK said:

Thanks for the link. I have found that but even he says 4 washers and then in his diagram shows 3 washers. He mentions washers @ 1mm, while the kit provides washers at 1.8mm. Hence the additional confusion. Hoping for input from anyone who has done it themselves before? 

With so many differences you would be better off contacting them for clarification. You may have the wrong washers for example.

:)Gaz